hello, i'm new :)

by MRSJG 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome to the forum.

I also am one who doesn't trust elders. I confided in an elder when I was having a problem. Three elders showed up at my door. I did not know they were a Judicial Committee who came to make a judgment on my apparent case of "sin".

In the meantime my mom died.

And, during my grief, two weeks later I found out I had been disfellowshipped!

How's that for compassion?

I say, just be aware of the things that go on in the organization "in the name of God".

Love and light,

ESTEE

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    Ray Franz... was disfellowshipped for eating with a df'd person.

Just as a matter of clarification, he was DF'd for eating with a disassociated person who also happened to be his landlord and employer. And, this was before the 1981 Watchtower that defined such conduct as a disfellowshipping offense.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Thanks for the clarification Cyg. The bottom line is that I recall the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach when I was handed the book to read. Too many years of being told that he was an apostate and what association in any form, with one of them would do to me. That book was for me, the real eye opener and pretty well sealed the deal as far as recognizing the lies that I had been fed and followed.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Welcome. I won't tell you what to do but just give you my experience as both a JW and a non-JW. I was a third generation JW, my grandmother was of the anointed as defined by the JWs. I became the PO of my congregation back in the 60s. I left because it controlled every minute of my life. I didn't realize that the "truth" wasn't really the truth untill many years later. I had many good times as a JW, but I have had a better life as a non-JW and my daughter is much better able to cope with life as a non-JW. They will try to control every aspect of your life, claiming it is Jehovah who is directing your thoughts and life but in reality it will be the few old men in Brooklyn who make all the decisions of what is truth, even though it continually changes as new light. Please continue your search of the "truth" and don't let anyone get control of you thoughts and life.

Ken P.

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board. I hope you find what your looking for.

Enjoy your stay

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit