They have found me! (At last)

by PaulJ 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Narkissos
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PaulJ, unless your wife already revealed your full name you may even wish to retain that tidbit of information. They can get it from other sources, however the less they know about you the harder it is for them to do anything "according to procedure."

AuldSoul

• garybuss
    garybuss

Whenever I have a proper opportunity I just tell my experiences with my personal treatment by the Witness people and I talk about the massive wealth in real estate and personal property accumulated by the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation from receipt of nickles and dimes sent in by laboring children hustling donations on dirty street corners where the dirt blows and the bums spit.
    I virtually never do doctrine and I never go near a Bible with a believing Witness unless I'm specifically asked a rational question by the Witness.
    I have received comments from Witness people who have read some of my facetious articles. I believe in a few rare cases I'm more amused by the comments made to me by the Witness people than the Witnesses were amused by my writing. Hard to imagine!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Auld Soul. I see your point, she hasnt given my name, and the cong I DA'd myself from is about 250 odd miles away, so its not local.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    They replied "Oh, he has fallen away from the truth has he?"

More good WT buzz words...Really means...Damm,He is starting to think for himself.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I usually don't go into cold hard facts about scriptures and discrepancies with my elder at work. What really pierces thru his fog is emotional arguments, such as how unloving and uncaring the Dubs today are to their elderly ones. Sometimes I mention how the end has been predicted so many times and how that affected me personally in 1975 by not being allowed to go to college. He agrees it would be a mistake to not get an education. I can see these things really bother him and he's even commented that some congregations are not as loving as others. Got him thinking! Had I started debating scripture, he would've tuned me out.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    They replied "Oh, he has fallen away from the truth has he?" (Quite politely tho I'm told) After which they nodded and left.

They have to immediately classify you. It's interesting to examine how the JW mind works. With that one statement they both condemned you, and justified themselves. The WTS is so slick in they're mental programing.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Paul,

In the back of my mind I had planned to talk to them about NGO's/UN, Mexico/Malawi, but its pointless really as even with cold hard evidence in front of them, they will simply think its some clever satanic deliberation.

Spot on!

I might just say question their refusal to truly research matters for themselves. But not go beyond that.

No point. You'd be asking them to think for themselves which, as you know, they can't. Anything they do research will always come from society publications, which is no research at all. Seriously, mate, don't go down the road of getting into discussion. It really isn't worth it and, as I said earlier, you could even bring worse things on yourself.

Stay free and happy! Keep the JWs from your door!!

Ian

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I guess I'm coming from another place. I have really outgrown the guilt feelings, the hurt and the bitterness my association with JW's produced. Now, I consider myself a follower of Jesus. My heart is for the poor fools still trapped inside. If by gently and intelligently telling them why you left you can plant a seed in their minds, you have done a good thing. It may start them to think. But don't expect anything emotionally back from them, just sow it.

I had some nice JW's come visit, and cause I was nice and listened and took the mags they came back, of course. Till the day I sat them down and asked how their translation read on a couple of scriptures talking about the spirit of God residing in the hearts of everyone accepting Jesus. Well, they read it outloud and then sat there in silence. Soon after they excused themselves, and I haven't seen them since! Two birds-one stone!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    They replied "Oh, he has fallen away from the truth has he?"

To which I would have said, no, he's actually discovered it.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit