They have found me! (At last)

by PaulJ 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I've just had a telephone conversation with my wife about 1/2 an hour ago. We have had a visit from the local JW's this morning. From the upstairs window my wife conducted a brief conversation where she basically told them thst she wasnt the best person to speak to, as her husband used to be a JW. They replied "Oh, he has fallen away from the truth has he?" (Quite politely tho I'm told) After which they nodded and left.

So, finally my house has had a visit. And now they know I live there. I just have a few questions becuase I simply cannot remember the process they now go thru. Do the bro and sis that visited my house report it to the Service Overseer? Is a note made of my address and do I become a do-not-call? Also are elders in the habit on routinely making a visit to disfellowshipped and disassociated ones?

I'd be grateful of any info!

Additionally I do not consider myself 'fallen away' but rather an escapee! That jarrs me somewhat!!!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Yeah, they make it sound like you have fallen with the other demons or something! lol They word it so badly!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Paul,

It appears you left your old congregation and moved into a new territory(?). It's likely you will at some time get a visit from an elder, probably two, for them to find out more about you. If you haven't been DF'd or DA'd they will obviously try to win you back into the fold. If you've been DF'd or DA'd they'd still try and make you go back to the Borg but would also warn the congregation to leave you alone as a DNC (do not call).

Whatever, they know where you are now. It's up to you how you want to handle this but if it were me and I did receive a visit I'd just tell them straight that I didn't want any JWs calling ever and just leave it at that. Don't say anything else because the more you say the more armed they become (which is why they like to go around in twos so as to have a witness to anything you say). The least you say the less they can have on you - if that bothers you, that is! I wouldn't let them in the house, just tell them from the doorstep - or from the upstairs window

Ian

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

It’s like a blight that will not go away. You are targeted in their minds for life as unworthy if they get negative vibes from you. That “left the truth” comment is a condescending f%^&witt statement that I also remember making years ago.

An elder was at my door two days ago to offer me a book that I refused. He was polite however he will report back to the other dupes with a feather in his cap simply because he had some contact with me.

Some elders have an agenda to clean house of any stragglers in their area. Having the idea all your neighbors care or notice you were or are a JW. It’s an over sense of importance / grandiose thinking instilled in JW’s by years of conditioning. So yes a note is made and you will be noticed probably more so than one of their own in need.

HCM

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    or from the upstairs window

I can imagine it like the balcony scene in "Romeo and Juliet"!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Yes, I have moved area (I should have explained that) and I DA'd myself 3 years ago now.

I dont give a hoot what they think or what they do. I wouldnt be against a visit from them either. My basic premis is that I no longer want to be affiliated to an organisation that is as hypocritical and unchristian as they are. I have a number of examples and arguments that they really wont want to hear.

I truly feel that I'm the free one, they are the conditioned, brainwashed ones that I feel sorry for.

Thanks for the info tho, I'm sure I'll need it soon enough.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Paul,

I have a number of examples and arguments that they really wont want to hear.

Absolutely right, so please don't waste your breath. Others far more experienced with scripture and a more thorough knowledge of the society's literature than you and I have failed after being polite and producing unquestionable evidence. You'd be wasting your time - seriously! - so it really isn't worth getting into any discussion. I wish it would be and you could turn the JWs around to seeing they are wrong - but it just won't happen. They won't listen and you'll be setting yourself up potentially for more trouble than it's worth. You and your wife have been living a wonderful free life. Let it stay that way. Keep the JWs away from your door. In fact, if I could get my hands on one of those NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES stickers I'd stick it on my door straight away (not that they ever call here because I told them to stay away).

Hi Ozzie,

As Paul looked out of his bedroom window it might be to watch the remnants of his bucket of cold water hitting its target below!

Ian

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I had a door-visit, once. Then explained my background, and have been left alone ever since. They must have marked my address in their files, under "belonging to Satan", or something (ha ha). But I was preached to in the street once, by a young woman. I told her that I had been brought up in her religion, and wasn`t interested. And her reply was, with a plastic smile on her face: "So you have made your choice, then!?" And I just laughed, and said, "oh yeah, I can assure you of that". Afterwards I was annoyed with myself because I hadn`t become angry at that question of hers, because we all know what se really said, with that statement: "So you have made your choice to be killed in Armageddon, then". And that`s just not polite, ha ha.

• enderby
    enderby

once, some dubs knocked on my door (some time after i had left the borg) and i told them that i dont go to their church anymore. they made the "leaving the truth" comment, which always pisses me off because it implies one is too intellectually feeble to comprehend what is "true". so, i laughed out loud at them and asked "what is truth?" (a la pilot) and they called me a "pilot" then went on to say that "the truth is jesus gave his life for us, the end of the world is coming..." so, i explained that the request for an account of truth is a request for a definition, not a series of instances of so-called true things. after i told them that, they said that the truth is whatever the borg says (they admitted it!), to which i asked if truth ever changes....they saw where this was going and said "well, it's obvious you've made up your mind" and left my porch. ha! wankers.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ian

You've given me a lot to think about. In the back of my mind I had planned to talk to them about NGO's/UN, Mexico/Malawi, but its pointless really as even with cold hard evidence in front of them, they will simply think its some clever satanic deliberation.

I might just say question their refusal to truly research matters for themselves. But not go beyond that.

Hhmmmm

Thanks for the advice.

PaulJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit