Chaperones

by Gretchen956 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sassy
    Sassy

every congregation I ever attended.. whether it be in Indianna, Wisconsin, Minnesota or California, chaperones were a big needed thing...

not that I was real good about obeying it though..

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

((((sassy)))) love the new avatar!! Where you been girl? Haven't seen you around here.

Sherry

• greendawn
    greendawn

Marriage ceremonies are a stupid formality if people decide between themselves to be husband and wife that should be enough no need for ceremonies no need to give explanations to know all bitches.

• kiddotan
    kiddotan

Chaperoning still going strong here! We been together for sometime, now we are engaged, we are to be chaperoned.

I think Not!

• Es
    Es

oh yeah its still exists very much so. I think it depends on each congo of the severity of it tho, i know my ex and i were allowed to go to shopping centres along coz it was a public place.

es

• "Heathen" Biker Babe
    "Heathen" Biker Babe

Yes, the 95 year old woman and her 60ish son-in-law would have been quite the scandal even here in Jacksonville, Florida. My friend who was in his late 40's offered to drive an elderly sister in her late 80's down to Miami to check on her property after Hurricane Andrew devastated the area. He was told by the elders that he couldn't take her without a chaperone. Since no one was available (everyone was too bush in field service to look after this sister), she decided to drive herself. When she got down there she was accosted by some soldiers that were there. At least getting accosted was better to the brothers than her being safe but being deemed scandalous because she went off alone with a male.

Thank God I got out of that twisted religion!!!!! The God I serve is not the one they teach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit