Son-in-law made me cry tonight

by HappyDad 26 Replies latest social family

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Got a phone call from my son-in-law Ron about an hour or so ago. We haven't had a very good conversation for quite awhile.

You might remember my thread about my step grand kids being killed in an auto accident during hurricane Katrina.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/97388/1.ashx

The lives of Ron and my daughter were turned upside down during this time. Actually, things started going bad for them in April.

They were leasing with the option to buy............a piece of property......almost 4 acres with a modular home..........in Lee County Florida.

The lease was for 3 years. Finally they were able to get financing for the property. Then the owners decided to renig on the lease and since April were trying to evict my daughter and Ron from the property because they had someone else who was willing to pay more than the price they agreed to at the beginning.

Ron and my daughter got an attorney and were fighting the eviction. The law was on their side.

The very week that the accident happened, the property owners tried to use this tragedy to get Ron and my daughter in their emotional state to take a cheap offer to get out NOW.

These people are.......in my opinion...........no good MOTHER FU#$ERS!

Their tactics did not work. The attorney ripped these jerks a new orifice and told them in so many words........that my daughter and Ron would wind up owning the property without paying for it if they tried pulling something like this during their time of grief.

In the meantime...........Ron was still running the business as well as he could concentrate on it. The settlement the attorney got for them was good! But they still had to be out of the place by the end of Oct. Time was running out and Ron as well as my daughter was stressed to the limit. And any of you middle aged people here who have kids in their 30's.....you know that you feel the same anguish for them as if they were still 5 years old. That's what I felt anyway!

Well.........finally........they found another house to rent and moved in this past weekend. You can't imagine the relief they as well as I felt once they found another place.

I was surprised as hell when Ron called me tonight. He is his normal self once again. I felt so happy to have him talk to me the way he did. It has been too long! After we hung up the phone........I cried from happiness for him. I'm so happy that he is feeling some joy in his life once again. I love this guy like I would love my own son. I'm just overwhelmed with joy right now and had to share.

As much as I never wanted to go back to Florida.......I now want to go there for Christmas and be with them. They are trying to talk me into coming for Thanksgiving and I just might surprise them.

Damn........I can fly USA3000 from Pittsburgh for $69.00 each way. I love my daughter more than anyone could imagine........but now.........I think that Ron talked me into coming down. He says that I am the best father figure anyone could ever have. Damn.........how can he make me cry with joy?

HappyDad

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

ahhh, what a nice ending. Sorry to hear about the sorrows your family has experienced this year and I'm glad to hear things are picking up. One day at a time.

Blessings!

Sherry

• damselfly
    damselfly
    He says that I am the best father figure anyone could ever have.

What a loving statement. Your daughter is lucky to have you in my opinion.

Hugs to you ((((((((happydad))))))))

Dams

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats wonderful news happydad!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm so happy for you, and for them, HappyDad!! Enjoy every minute...!

GGG

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

(((happydad))) I hope things continue to improve for your family. Mrs R

• TopHat
    TopHat

Shoot! Your story brings tears to my eyes as well. Go see that son-in-law Dad.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Happy Dad)))) That's so awesome! I have to tell you that my father-in-law is the best father figure I've ever had as well. I can't bring myself to call him "dad", but perhaps some day. He really is an amazing man!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Very good to hear. I felt about the same when dad came over for Thanksgiving dinner. He's been avoiding the pain of losing Myrna all summer by running errands, doing chores, fixing other people's houses....winter always slows him down with his emphysema. I needed some time with him where he'd just SIT.

The house looks lonely, empty. It is quickly turning in to a bachelor's pad. Many of Myrna's hand-made treasures are missing from the walls, a faint trace of what had been is all that remains.

• bem
    bem

((((((HappyDad))))))) I'm glad to hear things are going better for your son-n-law,I just read your thread on the family tragedy I am so sorry. I have a granddaughter and I cannot even imagine that kind of loss.

I can relate, I feel my childrens pain. My oldest two are adults, my daughter is married, my son-n-law is as much a part of the family as if he was born into it. my son is going through his second divorce < with the same girl) (incedently I really love my ex-daughter-n-law I am thankful tho' that they did not have children since the marriage hasn't worked.) it doesn't change how we 'feel' for them. They still call me all hours day or night when they need a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear for advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit