Who Was The Number One Musical Group or Singer Of All Time?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Of course its subjective and of course its a fluff thread! Qwitcherbitchin!!! Jeez, go throw ice on someone else's parade!!

Now, for good old down and dirty rock and roll it has to be Led Zeppelin. They were awesome. I also love Nirvana and Guns and Roses. For blues it has to be Ben E. King. For wimmen who ROCK it has to be Melissa Etheridge, Stevi Nicks and Heart. For Wimmin in Blues hands down its Bonnie Raitt. Don't listen to much country but when I do its the Dixie Chicks.

Oh and I'll think of more later.

Sherry

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Elvis Presley, NO!

Johnny Cash, No,but not as strongly opposed

Conway Twitty, You have got to be kidding here, right ?

Toby Keith, What's a Toby Keith ?

Buddy Holly, the Beatles, Led Zepplin, and the Rolling Stones

• JH
    JH

Elton John

Peter Gabriel

Phil Collins

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I'll tell ya when all of time is over;)

• inquirer
    inquirer

Best solo artist of all time without a doubt -- Bruce Dickinson. One of my favorite bands of all time. I love Queen and Elvis Presley as well! They brought out a lot of good songs! :) They are the most obvious ones in my mind at the moment. Use to listen to Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Faith No More, Guns N' Roses, Metallica quite a lot -- still like them -- particularly Iron Maiden. Only like the old Metallica. But there are others I like. Just a few I've mentioned.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The greatest singer of all time was Ella Fitzgerald.

defd, Nirvana! My word, you really are my favorite Witness!

steve

• inquirer
    inquirer

Oh yeah, how could I forget The Doors! They were pretty cool! I wish it was still 1969 (I hate it how I was born later!) or something! They were America's equivalent to The Beatles!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

As far as being the best and never bettered. Guitarist Jimi Hendrix

All round influence on culture for a whole decade an onwards, gotta be the Beatles.

Biggest influence on pop music, Moog, maker of the synthesiser

If you wanna get picky I guess you would have to mention (I think)the Gregorian monks, who were the first to put music to paper, as in a literal record, taking music from peoples memory to permanent status.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Of course, The Beatles, with the help of George Martin.

I HATE Bob Dylan. I think his voice sucks and what's so great about him??

He is a great poet and song writer. I saw a documentary made about him recently on PBS. It made me appreciate him even more.

• colorado5591

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit