Who Was The Number One Musical Group or Singer Of All Time?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Billie Holliday

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

John Denver! ha ha just kidding!..... for ballads I would have to say Cat Stevens or even Jim Croce, for a band I definately would have to side with Led Zeppelin.

• steve2
    steve2

Not George Benson!

And Definitely Not Prince!!

And Most Definitely Not Michael Jackson!!

The JWs are welcome to them, disfellowshipped or not.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey guys, your choices - with the refreshing exception of the Beatles and Queen - are all from the US of A. Be bolder in your choices:

Best white female soul singer of all time: England's Dusty Springfield!

Having said that, I'm damned if I can find a better singer than American Frank Sinatra whose family hailed from Italy. The older I get, the more Frank gets to me. Immaculate phrasing, vulnerability and power all in one.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

ELVIS of course.............
    Weren't we told that he'd left the building?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I think as far as women go, Carole King has contributed more to the history of rock music than most people realize. She has been writing and recording music since 1959 even though she is mostly known for her album Tapestry and the songs she wrote and recorded on that album. She along with her husband Gerry Goffin through the 60s wrote tons of the most popular songs during that decade and a lot of her music old and new continues to be recorded even though she doesn't do much recording herself anymore.

• steve2
    steve2
    I think as far as women go, Carole King has contributed more to the history of rock music than most people realize

Darn it. There's another American and of course littlerockguy, you're right! I've got practically every album she ever made, from the one with her group in the late 60s, the City, through to her latest The Living Room Tour. Oh, and a few tracks from the early sixties recorded on the Dimension label (from the album Dimension Dolls) that included Little Eva and others. Carole - one supremely level-headed and tuneful lady.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

THE BEATLES!!!

DY

The Beatles. No one since has come close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit