So what’s the longest road trip you’ve been on? or farthest you've driven?

by doodle-v 39 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

We just got back from spending two weeks in Denver, CO. Call us crazy (yeah i dont know what the hell we were thinking) but we decided to drive. From Seattle to Denver and back is over 3,000 miles. We had both kids and a crap load of stuff. It took us about two days total, and looking back it actually wasnt that bad, both kids had their own cd players. We gave them both a roll of quarters which they couldnt spend till we got there, and told them that every time they asked “are we there yet” or argued they had to give us a quarter. We also charged a “fart fee” of 50 cents. And if neither one of them admits that they farted they both had to give up 75 cents. That worked really well. By the time we got to Denver they only gave up about 4 dollars total between the two of them. We stopped at Yellowstone on the way back, it was beautiful. I’ll upload some pictures in a little bit. So what’s the longest road trip you’ve been on? Tell me about it!

-Doodle-V

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

From Tampa Bay to Buffalo, NY and vice versa a few times. When I was newly married at 20 we drove from Buffalo to Myrtle Beach. Once from Buffalo to Detroit and back to see Jethro Tull.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

From North Carolina to Wisconsin in 26 hours straight

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The farthest I have ever driven is from Oakland, California to Indianapolis, Indiana somewhere over 2200 miles in a big Areostar van with 3 kids ages 2 to 8 Josie

• damselfly
    damselfly

6000 kilometres, give or take a few, ( almost 4000 miles I think ) It was horrendous.

My then boyfriend and I were moving back to NS from BC which is clear across Canada. His mom and her boyfriend decide "why fly when we can drive." I can think of numerous reasons now.

The mom's boyfriend was an alcoholic and got the shakes everyday at 3pm, which mean that was when we stopped driving so that he could drink. Then of course he slept until 10 each morning. Oh! and no hotels because hey! it's cheaper to camp. We only drove a few hours each day because of this.

We finally reach Ontario and stay at some relatives house, Did I mention we were bringing our cat with us in the car? Well he snapped and ran away the morning we were due to leave Ontario. The heartless mom gave us 20 minutes to look for him before we left. We didn't find him. Then the car broke down. So now we are all stranded in Ontario. We end up taking the train the last few provinces and are seated next to a woman who eats chips with her mouth open dropping crumbs into the jumbo sized bag and begging us to have some. No thanks, I'm good

Finally 3, yes 3! weeks later we are in Nova Scotia. The elders hound me for a meeting because they "want to help" I get disfellowshipped instead.

So that was my worst road trip ever. I'm glad you had more fun.

Dams

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    So that was my worst road trip ever

((Dams))

Holy crap. that's awful. Sorry hon.

-Doodle-V

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Boston to Los Angeles :-) Just me in my lil convertible Honda Del Sol and my music. So much fun. Lots of time to think. Did run up the cell phone bill a little too. It took 5 days as I didn't want to drive for over 8 hours a day. Stopped in Youngstown, OH (yuck) Maryville, IL (boring and ordered a nasty pizza) Oklahoma City (met some fun people there), Albuquerque (visited my ex), and Kingman, AZ (forgot that AZ is on Pacific time in the Summer and usually I drove 7-3:30 and the clerk at the hotel looked at me strange cause i showed up at 2:30)..... i could have made it all the way to LA that night but i already had a hotel reservation....

• damselfly
    damselfly
    ((Dams))

Holy crap. that's awful. Sorry hon.

-Doodle-V

Oh dear, not my intention. But thanks for the hug.

This was years ago now and is funny when I think about. Really what else could have happened? Picture 4 people who hate each other by this point all trapped in a car with a poor kitty who just wants it all to stop already for 3 weeks. And the d'fd I really should have seen coming anyway, after 3 yaers of openly fornicating and all

Dams

• horrible life
    horrible life

From Tulsa, Oklahoma to Victoria Island, Canada. Big international assembly? July of 1969. Man walked on the moon that week. In a 1960 Volkawagan Bug, with 3 kids in the back, and a mother who complained the whole time. No radio, or AC. While waiting for the ferry (just missed one) Dad got out of the car, to streach his legs, haha, we children had to be good children and sit for 2+ hours, and listen to mother.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I drove from New Jersey to Florida. (Disney) I had six children, and my Mother with me. Then we drove home a week later. Best trip ever. We stopped at every tourist trap on the way. Went thru Daytona on Spring Break. My teen age boys loved it. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit