So what’s the longest road trip you’ve been on? or farthest you've driven?

by doodle-v 39 Replies latest jw friends

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I drove from Georgia to Maine in one straight shot, just me and my three kids. It took us about 24 hours. I could have done it quicker but I was still nursing my youngest. It was actually a good time. The kids and I had fun. We sang to the radio together and played all those old road trip games. Good times...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

7000 Miles - when we were considering 'serving where the need was greater'.

Indiana to Olympia Washington. Then south to California, back thru Nevada, Utah and up to Jackson, Wy for a few days. Then back across the country to Indiana.

We decided not to make the move due to the cost of living out west - Thank God we did not make the committment. It might have trapped us longer than we were in the cult. But the whole trip was beautiful - wouldn't have missed it. Love Washington and Oregon.

Jeff

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

From Vancouver, BC to San Francisco, CA. That was the longest time I've ever spent sitting.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

San Antonio to LA and straight back 50 hours of driving, with me and another driver. The other driver doesnt talk to me anymore though...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Atlanta, GA to Austin, TX and back. Turn around trip. Learned to drive three-on-the-tree the night before leaving.

AuldSoul

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well I went to the assy. in New York in, I think it was 1953.

From San Diego Calif. to New York and back. Around 6000 miles for a stupid convention.

I was 17 and stupid I guess.

Outoftheorg

• kls
    kls

Barney ,you need a life.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

kls, you'd think with as much time and money as he supposedly has that he could buy one. Maybe no one will sell one to him.

• kls
    kls

Auld, i doubt that he has any money or friends . Everytime he comes here it shows .

• thom
    thom

Through the 80's I drove Phoenix to NY and back about twice a year to visit some relatives. Through the 90's I lived in IN and KY and would drive to Phoenix and back 2 or 3 times each year.
    Now I drive Phoenix to Wisconsin about every 6 weeks as my gf lives there. I love to drive. Maybe I'm strange, but I really like the trips in the winter in ice and snow. Takes longer but it's more interesting.
    My family told me about 20 years ago that the thrill of driving across the country would wear off, but it hasn't yet in the slightest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit