So what’s the longest road trip you’ve been on? or farthest you've driven?

by doodle-v 39 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome Stank!!!!!! Sorry I haven't been online for a few minutes, to welcome you sooner. I had a very bad Personal message (PM for short). I went online to the FBI, to the computer threats section. Did you know that a new law is in effect for computer threats? They emailed me back to say that they would take this very seriously. I am soooo happy.

Sorry, I let my excitement get in the way of my welcome to you. HL

• oldflame
    oldflame

I drove once from Seattle where I was born to Cookeville Tn. That was a hell of a long drive, gettin ready to drive from Redding, Ca. to Kansas city, Mo.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Well, this wasn't exactly a road trip as I didn't have a destination but I rode the east coast of mainland Australia, caught a ferry to Tasmania and generally bummed around on my m/cycle for 3 months. Just bike and tent. Wouldn't have a clue to the amount of miles/kilometres. Many thousands.

Met a guy who was riding around Australia 'cause he lost a bet playing poker!!( He didn't ride his Harley though, bought a junked Honda) For anyone who doesn't know, Australia is the same size as the U.S (except for Alaska).

Ah, the seventies.....

• chrissy
    chrissy

one coast to the other: from Providence, RI to Seattle WA. 3100 miles. it took two weeks because we had to stop in Bozeman, MT. to spend a week w. my husband's parents. believe me when i say, it was the longest. trip. of. my. life. yes, i would rather chew glass than relive that experience.

i drove alone from PA to KS when i was about 20 with one of those little mini u-hauls...took a wrong turn somewhere in rural Illinois, got stuck in some mud and had to walk about a mile to the nearest tiny town where i found a family in which the husband was a volunteer fireman or something and ended up having to pull my vehicle out of the mud. (it was either that, or i was to become a permanent resident) he had to try several different trucks and when it was all said and done i think it was a small fire truck that was used and the entire town seemed to get involved. whenever i take a roadtrip....disaster tends to ensue.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

The longest trip I've ever made was from Corpus Christi, TX, to Los Angeles, and back, in about a week. Basically, I just wanted to see California. Memories of the trip include hundreds of drunks on the sidewalks of Las Cruces, N.M., the steep uphill drive to Yuma (with 55 qallon barrels of water situated every couple of miles to refill overheating radiators), the saguaro forests in Arizona, a place near Tuscon which appeared to be manufacturing blimps, the drive through the mountains into San Diego at night, the wild variety of cars and motorcycles seen in Long Beach (including antiques, hot rods, etc), cops on the LA freeway motioning for traffic to move FASTER (already moving at or better than the speed limit), the helpful motel manager who let me have a vacant room for $10, the Pacific Ocean at Huntington Beach, and too much else to mention. I remember thinking at the time that southern California didn't seem like a bad place to live, although I never tried to actually move there.

• under74
    under74

I've gone from Seattle to Tijuana. It was a good trip...I wasn't to fond of the stretch between Redding and Fresno but it was okay.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I been out of the JWs for some time. You have the wrong man....man.

I apologize, if that is the case. We had two buzzings yesterday by a spoiler who apparently wants to frustrate the mods into shutting down the forum. For some reason he doesn't seem to care whether other exiting JWs need this forum as a place to get over their experience.

Welcome! Post all you want. We don't discriminate against JWs, so even if you were still active you would be welcome as long as you remain respectful of others.

AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

We traveled over 5,000 miles over 2 weeks this August. We love to drive but think we might have to cut back or start flying part of it.

On the road again, Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

6960 km's (4,324 miles) round trip, from Edmonton to Toronto and back. I see the online trip planner suggests going through the US is shorter, but we didn't, skimming the northern tip of the great lakes. I was a single parent with two kidlins, packed up the tent and off we went. I gave myself four days to get there, four to get back. I wouldn't recommend tenting on the bald priarie in Saskatchewan. There's nothing to slow the wind. Ontario is BIG. Most of the trip was getting through it.

Funny, I am easier with tenting than checking in to a hotel. It's how my family did holidays when I was young, so I know how to do the whole camping thing. The hotel/motel thing is more alien to me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Myself and 2 other guys drove from edmonton, canader, through the usa, mexico, guatamala, to belize in a van. The first few days, we switched driving, w one person sleeping, one a copilot, and one driving, going around the clock. After a few days we were numb, constipated and very tired. I think houston was the first place where we took a break for a day or so. We spent a few days in guatamala w a canadian missionary jw family, and a few more days in belize. I got terribly sunburned there. I believed the guy when he said that coconut oit was good protection from the sun. Then, there was the long drive back. Don't know how many miles that is.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit