So that's it

by ballistic 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

So that's it... You decided to tell your lover about all this

was it a good move?

How soon?

Why, is it really that important anyway?

Has it had any adverse affects?

• Gretchen956
  • Es
    Es

pls explain

es

• jgnat
    jgnat

As in..... "Guess what, lover, I've got some baggage. I was a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, a high-control religious group for XX years, and it left scars that even I have trouble explaining. Believe me, there's a lot more to them than a bunch of clean-cut nerds strolling from door to door with magazines. I might act weird if you use trigger words like "loyal" or "truth". I still think Christmas and Catholic crosses are from Satan. Mind?"

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

jgnat, you are funny! That was good parody.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL at JGNAT

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like your avatar, AuldSoul. It's so pretty, it looks like it should belong to a woman.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    As in..... "Guess what, lover, I've got some baggage. I was a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, a high-control religious group for XX years, and it left scars that even I have trouble explaining. Believe me, there's a lot more to them than a bunch of clean-cut nerds strolling from door to door with magazines. I might act weird if you use trigger words like "loyal" or "truth". I still think Christmas and Catholic crosses are from Satan. Mind?"

That rings a scary number of bells! lol

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

jgnat, funny you should mention that....

I never told my ex partner, i was ashamed of being a JW for so long, i hated it so much. My current partner i told a few years ago, we'd been seeing each other for about a year and told her. Nothing was really said after that, my mrs is cool, but the other week after lurking and posting on here for a bit, and after being with her for nearly 6 years now i told her all my experiences and we discussed my life as a dub! It opened her eyes and she understands now why i hate authority figures, and have a inane revulsion of religion, and my lack of compassion towards idiots!

p.s. 100 posts yay Junior Member!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

yeah, it's pretty weird

"My 20's? Well, you see...I kinda got really religious for a while...yeah, I even used to go door to door to try to convince people to convert...no, I wasn't a Mormon...Jehovah's Witnesses...yep...you don't know anything about them? Funny you should say that...seems to be true of most people...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit