So that's it

by ballistic 35 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Well Auld, you does look kinda girly,,,,,,,,,Sissy

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Eeks. I have a feeling monkey-poo will be flying in a moment.

I think when I dated it all kinda just came "out" in a big emotional vomit. LOL! Seriously...I didn't know how to talk about it any other way...the baggage was that heavy. I think when you're newly exited, the pain is so fresh, that it's hard to not just go, "Bleah! There you go. Still like me?" (Like jgnat's comment!) If they haven't run off screaming into the streets, then you've really met a remarkable person. Although it might be because they're really frightened and can't move off their seat.

I've since come to peace with a lot of that, so when Mozz and I started dating, it just kinda came out when we were having that fun "discovery" conversations...piecemeal...bit by bit.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

kls, my 235 pounds and hariy face would make one ugly girl. LOL

Billygoat, does she have a flinging fetish? Oh dear!

• kls
    kls

Eeks. ; I have a feeling monkey-poo will be flying in a moment. ;

You all are way to obsessed with my butt,,,,,,,,,,,but i can see why

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    kls, my 235 pounds and hariy face would make one ugly girl. LOL

You never know...some people like bears like you.

You all are way to obsessed with my butt,,,,,,,,,,,but i can see why

Yes, we can barely contain ourselves. It is so wonderful considering how monkey butts go.

• kls
    kls
    Yes, we can barely contain ourselves. It is so wonderful considering how monkey butts go.

Ummm, i am having this sudden urge to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well considering what i was feed for dinner lastnight , this is gonna be a goodie.

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome AuldSoul. I like your avatar, and thoughts of it being "sissified" never entered my mind.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I *casually* mentioned to my current boyfriend that I used to be a witness. "Oh yeah?" he said and that was it. Then a few years later I found this board, brought up old issues I hadn't dealt with, had a few meltdowns and dragged him to meet the local ex-jws etc. He's still around so I guess it hasn't scared him off too badly.

Dams

• jgnat
    jgnat

Degrees of intimacy is a delicate dance. Share too much of your inner soul too soon, and you can scare the person off. Because if you share that deeply means the other person must reciprocate. They may not be ready.

BUT, once the intimacy barrier has been breached, I think all needs to be shared. Why spend most of your waking moments with a person you can't be yourself with? I'm a big believer in "no secrets".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, exjdub, I think that is my knack, to summarize large systems with a few phrases. It only took me three years to condense it to THAT. I tried, too, to talk in "worldly talk", something a person off the street would understand. I might have spoiled the joke, though. You should never dissect a good joke.

ballistic, I know you feel cursed in love, but I do think there is a woman out there for you. Consider the walk-aways as doing you a big favour. You don't want to waste years with someone who is just not in to you. Let her marry a shallow jock and wonder years later where the meaning left in her life. Hey, you can dream, can't you?

Here's a hint when talking about the JW thing at the beginning. Keep it light. "Yeah, I used to be one of those guys in suits walking from door to door." But then switch quickly to, "Enough about me. Tell me more about you." All of us yearn to be heard. Build on your listening skills. As you get to know her better, you will be in a much better position to judge what she can handle.

Women are not all the same, and some of us actually enjoy taking on a make-work project.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit