WTS Bills US JWs $8.4 million for Traveling Overseers

by ezekiel3 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ballistic
    ballistic

A circuit overseer once said to the congregation "do you think you are working your territory too often?" and then explained how to get everything out of an orange, you get a squeezer and absolutely sqeeeeeeeeze it dry. Go figure.

• heathen
    heathen
    Jehovah's organisation is not a charity

LMAO . Yah until time to dodge a tax situation then it's we were a charity all along and entitled to tax breaks . Same with being considered a clergy , they trashed christiandoms clergy but low and behold the minute they realize there was a tax break in it, they are now registered clergy . and again with being recognized as organized religion , the same thing there . Rutherford hated the concept of being a religion but when he passed on, the organization realized the tax breaks involved and tada , they run right down and register as a religion.

• wiegel
    wiegel

and who, just WHO is supposed to take care of the expenses for the publishers who are doing all the f'n work AND bearing the burden for the lazy-ass full-time vacationers? sometimes things like this make me so mad i can't see straight...............................................

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

During a circuit assembly about a year ago, the CO said that some brothers were concerned about the high cost of health insurance. He said that they should not be overly concerned because very soon now we will be living in the new world, and we will enjoy perfect endless health.

That being the case....why should they even bother with health insurance for the CO's and DO's?

• heathen
    heathen

Bonnie_Clyde --- The point here is that the WTBTS has it's own insurance agency they insist on using to cover the COs and DOs .That's the reason they insist on having it to begin with so they can make a few bucks off it themselves and fleece the flock .

• freedom96
    freedom96

The WTS simply blew it when they didn't demand 10% tithing to begin with.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Who says they can't start tithing at any point? They can use mormon model. New light never seems to faze the believers.

• rocky220
    rocky220

WTS NEEDS 8.4 MILLION......ASK JEHOVAH TO TAKE CARE OF IT......ROCKY220

• M.Bibleres
    M.Bibleres

Is anyone able to scan the letter and to post it under this topic here? I want to translate it into German for the German Forum http://www.infolink-net.de/

Anyway, this new introduced specific "contribution" policy once more again shows, that the WTS is exploring more and more financial sources. With this new idea born at the headquarters the WTS will be able the first time to calculate their expenses on the basis of fixed "contribution" that, of course, can no longer be called "contribution" but salary for the overseers. Behind this I see a strategy. Most of the Jehovah's Witnesses voluntarily would ad to this "salary" some extra dollars. The money that is exeeding the overseer's "salary" has to be routed immediately to the society by the overseer. That is also a smart way to generate more money. It lies , normally, in the nature of human being to develope voluntarily activity. Fixed "contribution" is not based on that. But to give that fixed "salary" a voluntarily character it is nesessary to put some extra money on top of that. The WTS knows about that human character and exploits that sensitive value of human being radically. So far my fewpoint about the WTS?s idea.

Greetings from Germany

M. Bibleres

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Tell the DO's and CO's to 'put Jehovahs Kingdom first and then everything else will be added to them' applying that old maxim surely they must be doing something wrong...they mustnt be doing enough.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit