WTS Bills US JWs $8.4 million for Traveling Overseers

by ezekiel3 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is a great idea. I think I'll send them a bad check, LOL.

Does anyone have a transcript or scan of this announcement, word for word? I've LOVE to hear how they spin this yarn.

I move we reinstate all the disfellowshipped and disassociated for immediate fellowship.
    Good idea. After the contribution is shared by the additional publishers, that might bring the per publisher contribution down to $2.
  • heathen
    heathen

That is pittiful . Are you people saying that the WTBTS insists that the members pay for insurance that they supply ? Man these people are as slick as any televangelist I've ever seen . Next they will have prayer lines and selling all kinds of junk ( besides the publications) .

• TheListener
    TheListener

Euphimism,

the society hasn't read this type of letter for several years. The have been paying the expenses from a one time contribution made around 5 or 8 (??can't remember??) years ago. Essentially they've been paying it from the world-wide work funds. We haven't paid separately for this for some time now. Now it will become a yearly thing though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Does anyone seriously believe (or know for certain) that they a multi billion dollar business don't have enough money to pay for such -it should be to them- small expenses?

And someone said they give no charity to non JWs but do they give anything to JWs?

• heathen
    heathen

greendawn --- I've never seen a j-dub voluntarily show charity to another member for that matter I've never seen a WTBTS article on doing so . Instead the central headquarters likes to suck every dime it can in it's direction , These people can't even organize a church supper once a year without all sorts of petty insignifigant rules invented by the leaders .

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes Heathen their stinginess is as proverbial as is that of the Jews. At the congs I remember they used to say if someone needed financial assistance: let them go and work or go to the state's social services, Jehovah's organisation is not a charity.

If those higher up were charitable I am sure the R&F would imitate them. The general impression is that they make a lot of money, so what do they do with it? They have a six million strong slave labour force and all the the congs pay for their expenses, so....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In reply to Gumby's humorous post:

No they have no provisions for fatherless boys, etc.

If you are really needy you might get somebody's left-overs and a ride to a meeting here and there and some advice on how to apply for state aid, etc. But as far as real help goes it is almost non-existent or I should say not really oranized. After all, their real work is preaching the "good news", right? LOL

But they are known to help pioneers and other special people on the q.t. It really depends on who you are and who you know.

They don't want people to know how "selective" they are when they do a good deed.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Never heard about that...

Just wondering... if a congregation doesn't make it will it be skipped by the CO? The WTBS would collect very little money in that case...

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    When I was in the org I never saw a 'nay' vote for any suggested resolution. As mentioned earlier it would be viewed as 'apostate' to do so.

I remember a vote we had (on something minor) and one of the pioneers disagreed (as indicated by raising her hand: "All against?"). The PO asked me to go with him to talk with her. I just sat and listened.

Basically, his point was that the pioneers should take the lead in showing support for the decisions of the elders. I thought she took it well, but her husband, a spiritually weak brother, chewed our a$$e$ for picking on his wife.

How dare he? Didn't he know that we were local reps of the WTS & its FDS?

I can only laugh when I look back on crap like that. May God have mercy on my stupid soul!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You know, I'm waiting for the resolution where only one or two people vote "Yes", nobody votes "No", and the rest of the congregation decide not to raise their hand. Knowing them, it would be a majority vote in favor of whatever they want a congregation opinion on. That might wake a bunch of people up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit