WTS Bills US JWs $8.4 million for Traveling Overseers

by ezekiel3 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garybuss
    garybuss

There can only be two reasons for this request for funds.
    1. Need
    2. Greed

If it's need, there's trouble in Dodge.
    If it's greed, It's just more milk from the cow.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This is nothing new... it's been at least since 2001, as far as I recall.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

P.S. Oops! We forgot to mention one thing. They are insured by the Watchtower Circuit Overseer Insurance Policy Underwriters, Inc. Keep in mind, that is a separate, for-profit legal entity not to be confused with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Please send us the money and trust us to dispense it with their long term best interests in mind. Speaking of long-term interest, that is the kind of accounts the money will while away its time in. Peace be unto you, saps. I mean, brethren.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I think we should all the support the B.S./lazy/useless/self righteous traveling Inquisators - let's send dead fish in packages to Bethel - clearly marked - "spiritual food for dead souls." One can only pray that these misearable mofos will expire tonight, or sooner!

• avengers
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Their accounts can be obtained for the UK on www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Search on Watchtower and Bible Tract Society of Great Britain and buy the accounts reports...all the lot cost £3.00 so it shouldnt be too expensive but in either breath it makes interesting reading.

Britain was charged £4m for the accomodation and such like COs and DOs

Disgusting really that they should be asking for more.

DB74

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    It really a shame how the WT can just take peoples money away from them no questions asked

How can you say that?

each congregation is instructed to pass a resolution to pay the amount of $8.50 times the number of publishers.

It's all so, so legal & theocratic to boot! It's voted on and agreed to by unanimous/majority vote.

The nice thing is that if you vote 'Nay!' you get marked as a potential apostate.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Why does it take a public vote to send eight fifty to New York and they kick their sons and daughters out of the group in secret?

Here's my resolution. I move we reinstate all the disfellowshipped and disassociated for immediate fellowship.

That's one you'll never hear from Jehovah's Witnesses.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first time posting but I have a question. How do the Jehovahs Witnesses help the widows and orphans (fatherless boys) in their congregations? Thank you in advance.

Brother Newbie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

In any other situation a resolution would be as the result of a percieved or real need, followed by discussion, a suggested approach, a motion, a second, and then a vote. [or the substance of that proceedure]

To call this approach a unanimous resolution is clearly a farce of high magnitude. When I was in the org I never saw a 'nay' vote for any suggested resolution. As mentioned earlier it would be viewed as 'apostate' to do so. The only dissent I ever saw was the occasional 'non-vote' by a dissenter or two. Rarely was there any serious debate about the matter, though it was always opened for 'discussion'. I often opposed resolutions that I felt were out of line during the discussion portion, but my comments were totally ignored on every occasion. These guys were just following Mother Brooklyn with no questions asked.

I was waiting for the time - in a test of loyalty - that Brooklyn would send a letter stating that all loyal witnesses would go immediately into the street, strip naked, and chant JEHOVAH IS GREAT for an hour. My guess is that most would do it!!!

Blind leading the blind.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit