Bethel wants lawyers!

by zack 50 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

What surprises me most about this is why would such an announcement need to be read out to the congregation. Surely the PO--probably every member of the congregation--knows if they have lawyers and CPAs in their midst. Why not talk to them directly? Especially, as quotes points out, this public call is bound to raise some eyebrows and "stumble" any number of "Christians."

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

loveis, sounds like typical slippery WBTS doublespeak to me. As an officer of the court you are an agent of Ceasar, an enforcer so to speak. I just don't see how a JW can be an agent of Ceasar and Cearsar's system yet claim that he is neutral in this system's affairs and no part of the world. I could see a JW taking an oath on the stand to tell the truth, but to uphold the laws of Ceasar, that just sounds a little too fraught with neutrality issues.

• Soledad
    Soledad

well gosh, golly damn!

I see a real opportunity here. I want to go to law school. Should I go check this out and give it a try? *evil grin*

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    You DID NOT NEED TO MEET ANY OF THE OTHER QUALIFICATIONS for Bethel service

I'm so excited. Finially a dream come true. While I am a CPA, I have not been to a meeting in over a year. Based upon the above quote, I still qualify. Did they say where to send the application?

I would actually start going back to the meetings if I could audit the society's books. It would be worth it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What an oportunity for someone who is stuck in the JW's due to the shunning thing that knows it's not the truth. That person could apply and do some serious damage to the mean old GB by notifying the IRS when the time is right.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

My quote from another thread because I couldnt find this one at first,"

how are they asking for new lawyers within the organization when they look down on ones that go to college in the first place? So I can ask another question are these JW lawyers spiritually weak in the first place, or were they once a part of the "world" and became a JW and can still use their lawyer skills to be a dubbie wolf in sheep clothing lawyer?

Now that I've found this thread, there were so many excellant points made that i wanted copy and comment on. Its amazing to see how they ban or rather discourage so many things but later on down the line they see they need them themselves.

This discouragement to not go to college is the reason that I'm going so late in life. Not bragging or anything but I graduated high school #7 out of a class of 88 (not many I know), but i had a 3.57gpa and was sent letters by so many colleges. You think my dad, who got upset if i brought home a C, ever said pick the college of your choice darling??? No it was, "when you finish high school, you can regular pioneer with your house-cleaning all her life step-mom".....

And now they ask for people that has to go to college to become a lawyer. IMHO alot of people at these meetings when the announcement was read or read it for themselves at home, probably are all telling their children thats about to graduate high school or soon to be graduates, " Wow, Bethel needs lawyers, that means that its ok if you go to college, but they only need lawyers so you have to become a lawyer"

Ok I'm finished ranting now. I'm just so glad my dad is finally coming around and leaving that BS org. My dubbie mom is always saying pray for your dad, he's "spiritually depressed/fading away"....I say for what, I'm happy he's finally waking up. I been praying he comes to his senses and you too one day....She got mad and hung up....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

One minute they are falling out with the lawyers, next minute they want more of them. I can't keep up!!!

Will the apostate myth-making machine never let up?

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    One minute they are falling out with the lawyers, next minute they want more of them. I can't keep up!!!

slimboy maybe if you take just a second to actually read the thread instead of just inserting your ummm, half a cent, you might see whats going on. But let me see if i can tell you in slimboy terms.

The WBTS is LOSING THEIR CONTROL over the lawyers they presently have therefore the thread about WBTS falling out with lawyers, soooooo they are trying to recruit fresh NEW lawyers to PROGRAM/BRAINWASH them with their ideas and propaganda. And they need them ASAP because of all the court cases that are pending against them that used to be just thrown out but are now finally being heard in court.....

If that doesnt help you out any with your trying to keep up, maybe someone else on here can explain it better

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

The thread hi is refering to is a "what if" thread. No facts just suppositions but for some reason he is stuck on that thread like everybody is tlaking about it being a fact.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/85936/1.ashx

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit