Bethel wants lawyers!

by zack 50 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Even if they don't use the brothers and or sisters that volunteer their information, the WTS will have their information for use on a later date. Some are used on cases in their own areas so Bethel doesn't have to send a NY attorney out. These volunteers can then serve on a temporary basis in their specialized field either in their locale or whereever Bethel sends them, of course their services are for free!!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

This post made me think of the following song:

Written By Warren Zevon
    c. 1978 Zevon Music/BMI
    I went home with the waitress
    The way I always do
    How was I to know
    She was with the
    Russians, too?
    I was gambling in Havana
    I took a little risk
    Send lawyers, guns and money
    Dad, get me out of this hyeah
    I'm the innocent bystander
    Somehow I got stuck
    Between the rock
    and a hard place
    And I'm down on my luck
    Yes I'm down on my luck
    Well I'm down on my luck
    I'm hiding in Honduras
    I'm a desperate man
    The shit has hit the fan
    All right
    Huh!
    Uh...
    Uhh!
    Hyah!
    Ooh!
    Yeah!
    Yeah
    Yeah...
    Uh!

• Mary
    Mary

Bethel wants lawyers, lawyers specializing in tax law, and CPA's. If you are in any of these professions you were supposed to talk to the PO that evening.

Wait a minute, doesn't a lawyer have to have a university degree?! What about the "college-level education" that the Ministry School provides? Gee I guess maybe the GB should have thought twice before they wrote all the bullshit advice below....

*** g89 5/8 p. 13 What Career Should I Choose? ***is a university degree always worth the huge commitment of time and money it demands? While statistics indicate that university graduates earn higher salaries and suffer less unemployment than high school graduates, the book Planning Your College Education reminds us that these statistics are mere averages. Only a minority of university graduates actually receive sky-high salaries; the rest are paid wages that are far more down to earth.

*** g89 5/8 p. 13 What Career Should I Choose? ***A university degree may or may not improve your employment prospects. But one fact is indisputable: "The time left is reduced"! (1 Corinthians 7:29) For all its presumed benefits, would four years or more in a university be the best use of that remaining time??Ephesians 5:16.

g89 5/8 p. 14 What Career Should I Choose? ***

In view of these facts, many Christian youths have decided against a university education. Many have found that the training offered in congregations of Jehovah?s Witnesses?the weekly Theocratic Ministry School in particular?has given them a real edge in finding employment.

_________________________________________________________________________________

As well, I think it far more likely that they're in desperate need of criminal lawyers to help defend their sorry asses for all the pedophile problems going on.........but I guess they can't make a request for THAT at the meeting eh?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Maybe the GB want more lawyers because some of those at Bethel are getting ready to leave or defect because of all the shit they have to clean up because of the shear stupidity of the Governing Body's leadership?????

I wouldn't be surprised if there are major problems developing between those in the legal department and the Governing Body. After all I'm sure the GB knows that such a call for lawyers to come to bethel would cause some rank and file to become suspicious,,so there must be a urgent need or else they would never have made such an annoucement.

• jgnat
    jgnat

They have not encouraged intellectual growth within. They don't want to contract without and the huge expenses that go along with that. They want pre-trained volunteers.

How lazy.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    major problems developing between those in the legal department and the Governing Body.

interesting idea.

GB: We are changing our position on Blood. You may now take blood fractions which were previously not allowed.

Legal: Sir, does that mean that we shoud advise the Fortuna congregation to not proceed with the disfellowshipment of the sister who took those fractions and is now being diciplined?

GB: No. They may proceed with the dicipline.

Legal: Sir, her announcement has not yet been made, and this new light is going to reach the congregation in less than two months. With the number of lawsuits we are facing with allegations of wrongful death, do you believe this is a wise course to set?

GB: She did wrong at the time by going against the scriptures.

Legal: Sir, the scriptures say nothing about blood fractions, and since the fractions are now allowed by the GB, this could make us look very bad.

GB: You are missing the point as scripture has nothing to do with this. She failed to follow our lead. We are God's channel because we say so. That is how it is. Kick the b**** out!

Legal: Sir, we resign.

• Will Power
    Will Power

They don't want to contract without and the huge expenses that go along with that.

and what about the fact that an outsider looking at the books might step back and say "Hey wait a minute.....don't you guys claim to be a religion?"

I would think they'd need full fledged society men ONLY with the "right mental attitude" to do god's WT's will. Those books are their LIFE!!!

will

• qwerty
    qwerty

VM44 Now this is a good point "What about BIBLICAL LANGUAGES???? Why is there not a call out for people who know the original languages the Bible was written in? --VM44" (sorry using Firefox will not use quote lines) They just want people who they can use to cover their butts! Qwerty

• beebee
    beebee

If the mob and other (more) obvious criminal elements can find attornies, so can the WT, unfortunately. Where's there's a dime, there's always someone willing to [bend over] for it.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I think they will be hard pressed to find any JW lawyers--otherwise they wouldn't be reading this notice to the general JW populas. The nerve of these people! It takes several years of college to earn a law degree--and college is something the WT has most definitely been against--I can personally attest to that. Many of the JWs counceled me on this including elders when my non-baptized daughter was attending a JC while still living at home. Quoting from the magazine we were given the warnings were of worldly association and materialistic thinking. "How much better it was to be serving Jehovah's organization instead of seeking a career in this dying world"...blah, blah, blah.

Lawyers are trained in critical and analitical thinking abilities and I doubt if many of them join up with the JWs in their adult lives. JW youth still have a social stigma upon them about what to study if they do go to college. Most of the young JW women I know attending college have gone into careers such as nursing (this seems to be JW approved). I have never known a JW doctor, dentist, etc. Most still go into the trades (building trades are acceptable in JW land) but of course--they need workers to keep building their real estate empire!

The nerve of these people!

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit