Bethel wants lawyers!

by zack 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

ROFLMFAO @ Dragonlady.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

franklinJ :

Bethel found out about him and offered to pay his student loans if he became the dentist at Bethel, which he did until the early 80s.

oh gawd, he was awful. If I were you, I wouldn't even mention that I know him. lol

• VM44
    VM44

What about BIBLICAL LANGUAGES???? Why is there not a call out for people who know the original languages the Bible was written in? --VM44

• Ticker
    Ticker

VM44

They wouldnt want that because theses ones might actually translate it correctly. lol

Sorry couldnt pass that one up.

Ticker

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Frankly, I think it is reprehensible how they stifle young, agile, and creative minds.

Me too Zack.

It sucks that now the WT wants these people. Probably new ones who fall for the brainwashing or ones of 15 or so years ago who disobeyed and went to school and are now having second thoughts and thinking about dubland.

I know about one person and his wife who are doing this. (second hand info) But it does happen.

HappyDad

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Zack,

That is typical WTS wanting (and expecting!) to have it both ways.

They have run into similar difficulties with their "quickbuild" Kingdom Halls i.e. the skills they needed were in short supply - and for only one reason. In our part of the world, we were warned off ever even learning a trade ("Tying up five years of your life in an apprenticeship") - and unlike in the USA & Canada, the "trade" training in our High Schools is more of a liability than an asset.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... very ironic how the WTS shoots itself in the foot like that. They tell their members to avoid education but then need educated people to help me. Their only choice is to use *Ooooooo* "worldly" people and new converts... the only people who will have such an education.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I am stunned that they make this request openly.

What is a tax lawyer good for? Helping you protect assests from taxation, through any (legal?) means possible.

It seems to me there is a scripture about "pay back Caesar's things to Caesar"... perhaps WT has never heard of that one.

Can you imagine how, if the shoe was on the other foot, and any other church in "Christendom" were openly pining for tax lawyers, the WT would have a field day in their magazines pointing out how Churches and false religion are all about money and they should be about love and worship.

I'm repeatedly amazed and the big brass balls on the WT.

Quotes, of the "I've got the biggest balls of them all" class

• Scully
    Scully
    Their only choice is to use *Ooooooo* "worldly" people and new converts... the only people who will have such an education.

Worldly People? would have no problem calling the WTS on their bullcrap. Well educated Worldly People? have the ability to think ethically (obviously there are those who don't use said ability), whereas JWs sense of ethics revolves around what is to the betterment of the WTS.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Quotes:

with all the law suits coming out in the open more - Fudiciary (sp) Duty being found, it was inevitable - you can't take advantage of others and give back nothing forever.

With formidable opponents such as yourself, who are seeing the big picture, and slowly but surely the lawyers are getting the language right - sounds like they might need to hide money in a hurry.

I believe they will fulfill their own prophecy and the courts, governments, and anti-hate groups will be victorious and many will finally Awake!. Just wish it was sooner than later.

will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit