• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Or how about a commercial:

New suit - $200

Gas - $50

Hotel room for three nights (at the Society's discount rate) - $150

Meals for three nights and bag lunches for three days - $200

New release containing 'new light' - $10

Achieving eternal salvation by attending the summer convention - Priceless!

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Visa card - it's everywhere you want to be.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Talltex...you've got it!

• Triple A
    Triple A

The bankcard representive that places the machine normally gets a placement commission and a small percentage of the sales reciepts. If the WTB&TS is the rep they could have negotiated placement at no cost. Also instead of receiving a percentage of the sales reciepts, they could pay a smaller percentage on the transactions. This way there would not be any taxable income avoiding taxes on the commission. Put surely the tax consequences never crossed thier minds.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Hey, what does it matter? Armageddon is coming in 1975 so we won't have to make payments on our credit card debts for long. D'oh.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Deleted

October of 2005 is around the corner, perhaps that is the idea. Max out those cards for the Watchtower Society and than after October you will not have to worry about it.

Triple A

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have actually known JWs who run up a lot of debt and then reason that the new system is around the corner and they won't have to pay it back (the same ones who don't get their kids teeth fixed)

Hey, the WT spies might get some ideas about the whole credit card deal reading our ideas here. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Kingdom credit card became a reality--many bizarre and strange things happen in the Org.

cybs

• Badger
    Badger

Blondie:

GREAT reset from that old awake! You know the GB put that in just to poke fun at that church and start the "can't happen here" clucking...

BTW: I seem to remember something Jesus did...when he found out money was being changed in the Temple...I wonder what he would have done in this instance...

• Ozner
    Ozner

I see no postings from other country's having a bankcard&creditcard machine in the WTS conventionhall. I think this is an experiment in the Netherlands. It should be nice to hear an opinion about this from some internal friends at Brooklyn or Paterson etc. Please feel free to respond!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist
    I see no postings from other country's

just wait a little bit for information, e.g. the german conventions start July 2

• Ozner
    Ozner

Hi, of course i'm patient!! But: I do not mean the conventionhall they use for the yearly conventions, but i mean the own WTS halls for the Special Assembly Days etc. The halls of the WTS in the Netherlands have an bankcard/creditcard acceptpoint for donations. The yearly conventions in hired halls will not have it, I think because the infrastructure is not owned by WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit