bank/credit-card accespoint in JW-convensionhall

by Ozner 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers

I just thought of something. (no jokes accepted like saying: it's about time he's thinking.)

I know for a fact that here in the Netherlands that most people still do not make use of
    a credit-card. (businesses excluded) The "normal Joe" doesn't standardly have a credit-card.

By introducing this system they "force" the "normal Joe" into getting a credit-card.
    It can even come to the point that the ones not being able to donate via a credit-card
    will feel guilty. What about all those with bad credit?

"Hey brother why don't you have a credit-card?
    How's your credit? Pretty bad he?
    You should work on it. Jehovah wants you to have good credit so you can
    do more for the Kingdumb. "

[Andy grabs a beer, 'cause he can't stop laughing and can't handle this info in a sober way.]

ps. I wonder which bank they made a deal with? I imagine the bank profits from this. They might even
    tell the brothers (and sisters maybe) which bank they can preferably use to get a discount.

oh what a web we weave. Don't mind me. the beer is doing what it was brewed for.

Think i'll grab another. Anyone wanna join?

Andy of the laugh my (____|____) off class.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Magic Wand Fairy Danny sez: The WT$ fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the "new light" fairy dust along the path. Click the 'ca$h cow' learn more about WT$ creed of greed:

Am i insulting?Listen up,I have always 'put my money where my mouth is'.Even now I spend a bundle on my counter-cult operations.

I have never done anything half-cocked in my life.The 33 years I was a devout JW I donated tens of thousands of dollars to the Watchtower.

• blondie
    blondie

8/8/03 Awake p. 29 Watching the World/Plastic Card Donations

"A growing number of Canadian churches" are adopting "modern banking practices, introducing bank cards and credit cards as convenient ways for parishioners to make collection-plate donations," says the Vancouver Sun newspaper. Debit machines have been placed in church halls along with "donation envelopes with options for automatic account withdrawal and credit card payment." Individuals simply swipe their card, key in the amount they wish to donate, and then put a copy of the receipt in the collection plate. As one pastor stated: "A cashless society is where society is going. Why not the church?" A church treasurer joked: "You get air-miles on your card, plus you go to heaven for donations. Just think of it as double reward points."

• avengers
    avengers
    The 33 years I was a devout JW I donated tens of thousands of dollars to the Watchtower.

What a dork!

The problem is that I did the same. Plus I offered my kids on the altar.

You and me really are a couple of dorks.

Sounds laughable, but damn if it's not serious xxxx.

Andy.

ps. I ain't no hijacker so go on with your credit-card thread. anybody want my credit-card number?
    I only give my number to those whom are trustworthy of it. Like the Watchtower.
    If by any chance you (WT) are monitoring this site contact me for a donation.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Very interesting........

They don't want you to stay at unapproved hotels, no longer serve food during conventions, chastise you for going outside of the convention site for a meal, nor do they allow the venues to open the concession stands, but they're more than happy to "simplify" you life by setting up a bank\credit-card acess point to make it easier for you to donate.

Classic........

I'm still wondering how I could've been so stupid.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

cynicus: WOW! Thank you for posting that info - ....now, that I am sick..... all the smiling faces as they decide to give their money to a cult!

• Ozner
    Ozner

Many reactions from the Netherlands, i'm happy with the respons!

My question is: are there more country's where this is happening or is it only regional?

And: the convensionhalls are payed off, but every weekend the congregations has to pay much money for using it. Does this work also in other country's?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    And: the convensionhalls are payed off, but every weekend the congregations has to pay much money for using it. Does this work also in other country's?

Yes it does.

I remember the fanfare of finally getting the Texas Rosenburg Assembly Hall built When I was deep into dubbism. Our first assembly in that hall and like cockwork, during the Saturday announcements they announce this obscene deficit and I'm sitting there thinking, didn't the circuits just pay upwards to 12mil to get this hall built? The soceity owns this outright and they don't have to pay any taxes on it.......why are we in a deficit for something that should already be paid for save the cost of electricity and water?

• Ozner
    Ozner

Every weekend they charge 7000 euro for the hall. If there is not enough donation to pay this, they send the congregations a bill for the remaining amount. So the 7000 euro comes allways if we direct pay or not. And of course now with the bank/creditcard in the hall here. Is this a nice system? In the western world countrys the income must be great...

• sf
    sf

So then, how much IN FEES ALONE, does the WT$ stand to gain with EACH transaction?

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit