bank/credit-card accespoint in JW-convensionhall

by Ozner 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    So then, how much IN FEES ALONE, does the WT$ stand to gain with EACH transaction?

My guess is that the WT will charge an access fee on top of the debit or charge so that they'll have to not incurr any cost above the monthly fee's for the system.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Do you have debit cards in the netherlands?

• sf
    sf

Young People Ask... Should I Have a Credit Card? - Jehovah's ...

Jehovah's Witnesses. Young People Ask . . . "I got my first credit card offer in the mail when I was 16 years old. . . . When I turned ...
    www.watchtower.org/library/g/1999/12/22/article_01.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Thx for the reply 95.

sKally

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "A growing number of Canadian churches" are adopting "modern banking practices, introducing bank cards and credit cards as convenient ways for parishioners to make collection-plate donations,"

Hey Blondie,

I believe this will be a change that will come soon to the WT. It's a easy way to rake in the cash and not have people think about it too much. How convenient it would be to have a set amount to be withdrawn each month.(can we say tithing here)

It was not too many years ago ...OK a lot.. I am an old guy...The WT in Canada sneered at the new computer technology. We will never turn you into just a number on some data base...we will continue to use little plates?? to send out your subscription because we think of you as a human being and not just a number. Fast forward a few years later...when they could suck in someone with computer tech to upgrade for them and everyone is now on a computer data base. Nothing but a bunch of BS.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Sf, the Banks will charge the recipient a percentage for handling the transaction. At my store we get nicked 1.8%. But since the volume will be much greater with the WTS, the percentage could be even lower.

But since people spend credit card money more loosely, I'm sure the WTS is banking (pardon the pun) on the idea that donations will be UP! More so than when you have to part with some of Uncle Sam's finest.

Onintwo

• avengers
    avengers

Should I Have a Credit Card?

AT FIRST, Kristin planned to use her credit card just for emergencies?and perhaps for that occasional item she wanted to buy but could not pay for with cash. Then things got out of hand. "I started shopping up a storm and went nuts ordering from catalogs," Kristin confesses. "I bought things I didn't even care about." Now Kristin has a different view of credit cards. "I had no idea how much that little plastic card would mess up my life," she says.?Teen magazine.
    As if the WT cares wose life gets messed up.

• Fleur
    Fleur

this is just unreal. if anyone had any doubt that they were money grubbers before, there can be none now.

you know, i can see lots of little old ladies on fixed incomes (like my grandmother) putting their plastic in and going into debt to donate to the !(~(&%!&^$! society.

makes me sick.

they are no better than any other church. in fact, they're worse.

shame on them all.

fleur

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The saga of the cools vs. the geeks Master card or Visa vs. American express.I tell you the truth,the 'yuppies' @ the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall would mock and disparage me for using Visa or master card,cause that's the card for Losers. The 'cools' use American express cause;it's membership has privileges and they don't leave home without it. [ Note :nothing I post is made up,they gave me shit once cause i ordered tap water at a restaurant instead of Perrier water.] Are these the ding-a-lings who are to inherit the earth?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Weird thought, but imagine a Kingdom credit card. One with a WT emblazoned on the front. This way the WT could make money on all the transactions the witnesses made and then charge them interest on their debt too. By using the Kingdom credit card at grocery stores and businesses you in a sense would be giving a witness when the checkers and cashiers would see you card and know that indeed you were a JW and maybe then it would open up the way for a witness to be given!

Imagine this experience being given in the minestry school!

Checker: "I can see by your Kingdom credit card that you are one of JWs. I worked with a JW years ago and I always admired how humble this woman was which was displayed by her manner of dress and simple lifestyle. In fact, she told me that much of what she earned was dedicated to the church and foremost in her life was to contribute to doing the will of God."

Witness: "Yes, and now with our new Kingdom credit card it is easier than ever to donate! "

Of course using you Kingdom credit card at conventions and at the hall would make you especially cool among fellow believer. You would be showing your true colors if you had a kingdom credit card in your possession.

Cybs (of the sometimes sarcastic class)

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Yeah, the "How to witness with your new WTBS Visa card" will be an assembly part coming to a convention near you. Pretty soon, they'll have to start carrying credit card machines door-to-door to take CC payments that way too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit