"GB=Faithful slave" TRUE reason for change revealed

by Viva la Vida 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Nice one blackfalcon!
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Simple question to WT: Was the FDS always actually just the GB and you just didn't realise, or did it used to be ALL the anointed but then God stopped using them all and just started using the GB?

• Splash
    Splash

5:43 "as we get closer to the time of the end"

Say WHAT???

Are we in the time of the end or are we just getting closer to it?

Splash

• Listener
    Listener

You're right, the real reason was clearly explained when he states

How does our understanding of the FDS really protect us today?

Well our previous understanding that all of the anointed around the world were feeding the domestics really could have left us open to some attack by apostates or others who claim to be the anointed and they say they are also feeding  the domestics and this could have led to some confusion in the sheep about who really they should listen to if someone's claiming to be the anointed but now that, that door is closed.  We know clearly where the direction and the spiritual food is coming from and we don't need to worry that somehow, ah, that could be confusing as we get closer to the time of the end, it's really a beautiful protection for us to know clearly where the spiritual food and decision comes from  and that's from the fds, the governing body

These are some interesting points

That they make public that there is an attack from within and once again those claiming within the organization that they are anointed are in fact not, why they think followers should believe that the GB are all anointed isn't answered.  Oh wait, circular reasoning would tell me that it is because they are the fds.

The door was opened several years ago to the idea that the door in 1935 had not really been closed on new anointed ones but the door is now closed on them claiming that they are feeding the sheep.  One door opens and another door closes.

Probably a slip up but he says 'as we get closer to the time of the end'.  I thought they were already living in the time of the end.

And lastly, he states 'us to know clearly where the spiritual food and decision comes from '  He just conveniently slipped that authority in, not only does the fds provide spiritual food but they have the added authority to make the decisions.  Hmm, there wasn't any mention of that in the parable and has way more implications than just providing the spiritual food.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From 4 minutes onwards he talks of Jesus prophesying about the FDS!!!

Hello McFly - waken up!!!

As a "prominent" one at the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, you should know your Bible a bit better than you do. To quote the apostle Paul, "....do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? (Romans 2:21)

Jesus was relating a parable, not a prophecy!

Using your reasoning, I can't wait to see someone walking into the KH with a rafter sticking out of his eye!

That will definitely get hits on YouTube - never mind JW Broadcasting!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    OMG I can't stand to listen to him the entire way through the video! The almost offhand way he mentioned the word arriving is now coming, but then using that word change as a "proof" of the doctrine change in the "appointing over the belongings". Ughhhh  Then when he was reading psalms, and saying it was proof of this arrangement, I got so disgusted I had to turn it off.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Listener: thank you for typing that up.
  • freein2004
    freein2004

oH mY sTARS! Okay so the old teaching was that all the anointed were feeding the domestics?
     It has been so long since I bought into all their crap I can't remember anymore.

Old light = old truth 

new light = new truth

Seriously! Anyone with half a brain needs to wake up and get the hell out of there!

• steve2
    steve2

Now I know what Christ has been doing all these long and tiring decades since his enthronement in 1914CE:

Rolling his eyes in contempt at all the arrogant self-aggrandizing claims of men desperately trying to hold onto  power over their fellow humans.

• millie210
    millie210

Im glad to know Psa. 23 was already nice but is extra beautiful NOW in the new translation.

Who does he think he is kidding?

That chapter is a classic for people throughout time. But only NOW is it achieving "true" status as a nice piece of literary work?  

How does he think it achieved the recognition it already enjoys, without the world waiting for them to finally polish it in to something in their new translation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit