A question for Christians, bible thumpers, and heathens.

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu
    bebuteronomy

ROFL!

Do I get to have chapters and verses now?

ebbu

• gumby
    gumby
    A man is alcoholic. He dies of cirrosis. However he may also pass on the pattern of behaivor to his children, who may be impoverished by his alcoholic behaivior, and who in turn seek out alcohol or drugs as solace to their suffering. It goes on and on.

Czar......are you a christiann? Your example here pretty much is a cheat on "free will". If you are saying a child may turn out bad because his father was bad.......that's nonesense to me......plus it doesn't leave the son much of a chance to exercise his free will as his badness is inherited.

Valucifer, and bebuelzebub, are demons from hell.........and shitgun......now he's a whole different breed!

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbelshazzar..

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Gumby,

I was the one that posted what you quoted so I'll assume you were talking to me. Notice that I used the word "MAY". The sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons. That does not mean that they take root. The son MAY become an alcoholic, and he may not, though his father's behaivior is going to have some influence on him one way or another. To think otherwise would be to assume that all individuals have no ties, connections, or sensory input to the world around them.

Am I a Christian? No. A Buddhist actually, and therefore I do not accept predestination. The individual is responsible (ok.. the "individual" is oxymoronic in Buddhist terms, as there individuality is a manefestation of effect and not an inherent condition of anatma.. sorry I will halt this truck right now). I will say that there is always cause and effect. What you do effects others, be they sons, daughters, or maybe even someone you've never met.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby,

I was the one that posted what you quoted so I'll assume you were talking to me.

I gotta quit smokin that funny stuff! Sorry czar

Thanks git.

It's intresting some say "we are not punished for Adams sin....but rather our own". It's a ' no win situation' no matter how you slice it.

Gumsinner

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Punishment implies a punisher, which I cannot rationally accept (in terms of a ruling "God"). Suffering, Karma, etc, are not the same as Punishment. There's no Sheriff of the Universe running around wiping out Ammonites and making sure that the Sacramento Kings never make it to the championship, to my way of thinking. It's a nice allegory to a point, but its easy to get lost in the part.

• toreador
    toreador

As in the case of Cain and Abel. Does God much prefer the death of an animal better than grain or produce to show how much we love him?

Tor

• gumby
    gumby
    Does God much prefer the death of an animal better than grain or produce to show how much we love him?

The bible god doesn't give a rip whether it's vegetation or people.......at least from his own example and history. If god was concerned about animal life......he would have had Noah store enough food until plants formed again after the flood.......or at least went back to the veg diet, after a TEMPORARY "meat" diet. He didn't

God has killed more humans than plants.......se he must not value life too highly.He didn't need animals to please him in sacrafices either. Think of the animal slaughter it took for sin, guilt, and gift offerings of millions of people throughout jewish history...........at gods own command.

I would'nt employ god to work at an animal shelter for nuttin.

Gumeat

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbeast of Revelation..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Gum,

It's funny how once you come to understand jehovah is nothing more than,, a soon to be,,, "out dated myth",,, that we can now with easy spot all the tell tale signs,,, in the bible that prove ,,,this jehovah guy is only a concept of human imagination,,,they are just so numerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit