A question for Christians, bible thumpers, and heathens.

by gumby 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbaal 12 Carat Gold Plated Cow God Bastard

• talesin
    talesin

... really enjoying this thread !

ROFL @ Valis,,,

Valhallis !

The Gumbinator !

(couldn't resist heheh)

Okay, carry on with the debate ...

• shotgun
    shotgun

I just can't understand why a loving God would punish us for Gumby's parents stupidity!

Poor Valis is a different story, what can you expect from someone whose parents are related.

• Valis
    Valis

listen shotgog of magog...I'll not tollerate any false gogs talking to me like that!

oh and Gumbethel...

• toreador
    toreador

Interesting thread!

I have wondered why God lets the one (Satan) who supposedly caused all the death and suffering on this earth to go on living for thousands of years after his disobedient act to God, whilst billions of humans are dieing like we are nothing more than scum. If God really loved us he would have got rid of the bastard (Satan) a long time ago. Is Satan and his demons suffering with cancer and every concievable sickness and disease (or something similar for spirit creatures) for what he did thousands of years ago. I doubt it. At any rate he lives on for thousands of years while causing billions of deaths of humans and we live a measly 80 years if we are lucky. He at least got to start out perfect and we get to start out imperfect and get to fight against spirits we cant even see. This makes it perfectly right for God to judge us as to whether we may live or die in some unseen and unprovable spirit world.

It makes absolute perfect sense to me.

Toreador

• toreador
    toreador

BTW, Valis did you inherit your dredlocks from one or both parents?

Tor

• bebu
    bebu
    but you are there in these sore straits, due to your own actions from a previous life.

If only one KNEW precisely what one's actions were in that previous life! Now THAT would be much closer to justice.

Bumby,

Deuteronomy 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Deuteronomy is an exhortation to Israel, reminding them of laws God before entering the land. Human courts are to be limited in meting out punishment. However, God reserves all latitude, as He understands perfectly the entire situation. He doesn't have "rules", as He rules all.

• Exodus 20:5 "For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation." (Repeated in Deuteronomy 5:9)

• but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
  • Exodus 34:6-7 " . . . The Lord God, merciful and gracious, . . . that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation."

• but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
    Ezekiel 18:20 "The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father."

EZE 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live. 23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

Hmmmm. Looks like you overlooked a big part of these passages, and what the whole message was. I realize the natural JW inclination is to edit out the positive message and think the bottom line is bad news... But I have hopes you will get over that.

I Corinthians 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, . . ."

so in Christ all will be made alive.You keep missing the point.

This is the biggest sweep. Here is a comparison to make a point about our need for forgiveness which comes by Christ. The whole point is (again!) we need help, and amazingly, God isn't condemning us simply for the fact that we need help. The consequences are waiting if we are stubborn in refusing the help we need.

We cannot really be condemned for Adam's sin, but only our own. I will not be judged for the sins you commit, gumball, but I might suffer from your bad choices (much more likely if I'm closer to you). You don't need to confess for whatever Adam did, only your own sins. Just as Adam's sin has affected us in a certain way, our sins today can affect each other as well as our children in certain ways. God knows each person precisely.

2 cents and a

bebu

PS: I'm having too many problems with these quote things. Sorry!

• Valis
    Valis

torreador..prolly both...lots of curly types int he fam..

Gumbebu...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bebu
    bebu
    Gumbebu

NEVER!

"Valby"

bebu

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* bebuteronomy...I just realized something.. I am contributing to Gumbageddon and even more attention to Gumbeelzedub himself..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit