I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• God_knows
    God_knows

LDH

Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and might....and Jesus IS GOD. Blessigns and love to all of you. MULAN you are welcome to keep writing to me personally if you like!

• LDH
    LDH

GK...YAH that makes real good sense.....let's see. I'm standing in a crowd of followers, and I'm going to give them some basic directions.

Do I say:

1. Love the 6 foot tall amazon woman with a great sense of humor?
    2. Love ME with all you heart?

1. Pray to me, who is in heaven, this way.
    2. OUR father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Once again, you offend by adding YOUR two cents to Jesus words. Whereas I feel that what the man said stands on its own.

Now you may be perfectly happy with your concept of trinity. But I find it has no basis in scripture. So thanks but no thanks.

Keep your brand of Jesus. I'll keep mine.

• JustAThought
    JustAThought
    Let's clarify. Jesus died to redeem all mankind. Where did HE say you had to believe in him in order to receive that gift? HA HA all of the scriptures you quoted were written by OTHERS and were not the words of JESUS your redeemer. Some who wrote those bible books you quoted never even MET Jesus let alone had a conversation with him.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    John 3:16-18

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    John 6:19

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 6:40

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
    John 6:47

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I John 5:10-13

• LDH
    LDH

Just like I said. If someone doesn't believe the Jesus from YOUR Bible they're dead meat.

So lordy lordy you better GET to proselytizing because if they haven't heard and accepted the name of Jesus they're DEAD DEAD DEAD.

God help the little Tibetan or Nigerian or Amazonian or Boznian who isn't lucky enough to get Robert Tilton Ministries on cable, huh?

Yes, your God sounds like someone I'd like to know. NOT.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 6:40

I guess you ain't gettin raised up either. According to THIS scripture, not only do you have to BELIEVE on the Son, you also needed to SEE him.

Whatever.

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

Since YOU brought up the subject of proselytizing, ... I have yet to walk up to anybody's door, uninvited, and proceed to interrupt their day by preaching to them. Can you say the same?

Even in this case, I did not chime in with unrequested information. My contribution was an answer to the question that YOU put out on the table.

Jesus died to redeem all mankind. Where did HE say you had to believe in him in order to receive that gift?

And think about the title to this thread ... "I witnessed to the *Christians* last night." Isn't that exactly what you used to do as a JW? Add to that the general intolerance of anybody else's belief system. You may as well be back in the Kingdom Hall. Have you really broken free?

JustAThought

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I cannot believe your line of reasoning.
    No wonder you have no faith. You seem to believe every last snippet of radical, higher critic, atheists like the Jesus Seminar. Jack Chick? I am supposed to be offended? Try reading the N.T. in the light of context and you will need a good commentary. I'd suggest the NIV commentary by Edwards or Martin Luther's commentary on Romans.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father, except by me."

"No one can enter the Kingdom of God unless he is born again."

There is plenty of scripture to support all of the mainline protestant doctrines for anyone who wants to study the issue. Your JW brand of 'rationalism' is a tail chasing trap that leads only to the pit. They used to write really good posts on h2o that exposed the idiocy inherent in JW beliefs. Too bad you never saw them.
    Rex

• LDH
    LDH

And if you had bothered to read the thread you would have realized my witnessing was in response to an OVERLOAD of JESUS.

NOT my desire to push my belief system off on others, but to defend the rights of people who don't beleive as THEY DO.

"Jesus save me from your followers"

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

LDH,
    Your lack of biblical understanding is really amazing, for someone who wants to critisize doctrine you have no clue. ELECTION, predestination, foreknowledge and add to that we admit there are things unknowable in the Bible, unlike the basic cult contentions that you seem to cling to.
    I give up. If you won't even look at the issue in an honest matter, forget it.
    Rex

• LDH
    LDH

HMMM......

So Lisa, an old hand here on this board and Witnet before this one, posts something that the fundies don't like.

Larc, TR, Mulan and many other well respected posters here actually ENJOY the post because they get the 'meaning of it.'

Then we have three newbies. God Know, Rex, and Just a Thought. Among whose first posts seek to defend the die-hard fundamentalism so many of us recognize WAY too easily.

It's too much for them to accept that there are 6 million people all over the world and all of them haven't read the Chick Tracts. You are welcome to post here, it's a free country.

But if you want to preach about Jesus start your own damn thread.

Lisa

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

HMMM......

Let's see what replacement of just a few words will do ...

So Lisa, an old hand here in this group and the JW's before that, posts something that the Christians don't like.

Larc, TR, Mulan and many other well respected group members here actually ENJOY the post because they get the 'meaning of it' (i.e., it's an inside thing).

Then we have three outsiders. God Knows, Rex, and Just a Thought.
    Among whose first posts seek to defend that die-hard Christianity we all so easily recognize as wrong.

Sound like anything familiar?

JustAThought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit