I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Thought you all would enjoy this.

I went to a b'day party for a friend who is a bible-thumper in the worst way! (10X worse than most JW).

I'm sitting around like a zombie while everyone is talking about how "blessed" they are to "know Christ" blah blah blah blah blah.

Then my interest got peaked as one of the women started quoting scripture talking about how the reason her life is blessed is that her great great grandmother was a Russian Mennonite blah blah blah and the Bible says that God will bless your offspring if you come to know him. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So I start asking a few well placed questions like "Well what does that mean for the poor Muslim sop whose great great grandmother was a Muslim? Are you saying they are not blessed because their ancestors didn't accept Christ the way YOU think they should?"

Well, it was ten to one, Bible thumpers VS Lisa. And I thought you should know, they all admitted they were wrong AFTER I reference several scriptures like Acts 10:34,35 which does NOT state a prerequisite to God's blessing is being a Christian.

It felt kind of good to turn my JW training inside out and disprove their circular logic and make them accept that other people have belief systems that are just as valuable as their brand of Christianity.

It was a riot, I wish you guys were there.

They were all kind of pissed off also because I challenged the MEN. ha ha ha ha ha

Lisa

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Lisa,

You that witnessing? I hope someone don't push you out the window.

• LDH
    LDH

FRED

When want comment you will kick your cage. I hope you give rabies your family.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi LDH. I have a similar situation most of the time, with my son's fiancee. Her father is a fundamentalist pastor, and a great guy, but the mother and daughters..........deliver me, please! Everything is "thank you Jesus". I just want to gag!! We went to her 21st birthday party, at their home, last year, and I had to listen to that crap all day. Finally, I had had it, and I said, "how do you know that your prayers, are nothing more than goal setting?" I do a lot of that, and have wondered about the connection, and if there is one. The mother said, unbelievably "Isn't it wonderful? Jesus can answer prayers even if they don't believe it's a prayer!" I give up.

But, I used the same reasoning on them that you did, about Muslims, and they all caved. Every last one of the family had to acknowledge that the whole world does not have to accept Christ. My point to them was that "a Christian may have a greater responsibility, but doesn't it say that he died for ALL men?" Interesting that we used the same points. I just want them to quit trying to convert me. It will never happen. The father (Pastor) seems to recognize this, but the others are too dense.

• ianao
    ianao

LDH:

That WOULD have been fun.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Another little tidbit. The daughter my son is going to marry was in the emergency room on Thursday, with some neurological problems. I called the mother, who lives in another town, and told her that the neurologist said it was not Multiple Sclerosis, for sure. She replied "thank you Jesus." My husband deadpanned, "I didn't know the neurologist's name was Jesus?" I asked my son this morning how they will explain her illness if it does turn out to be very serious, or if she dies. He was totally dumbfounded. I asked if they will say Jesus didn't hear their prayers. No answer. Maybe he will think a bit. I don't wish that on her, by the way, but I want my son to THINK!!!

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>So I start asking a few well placed questions like "Well what does that mean for the poor Muslim sop whose great great grandmother was a Muslim? Are you saying they are not blessed because their ancestors didn't accept Christ the way YOU think they should?"

You must have been dealing wth theological pygmies. Any evangelical that does not understand the concepts of election, predestination/free will is not very knowledgable. As a ex-JW your knowledge is probably basically rudimentary anyways.

>Well, it was ten to one, Bible thumpers VS Lisa. And I thought you should know, they all admitted they were wrong AFTER I reference several scriptures like Acts 10:34,35 which does NOT state a prerequisite to God's blessing is being a Christian.

Unless your lying about it. We have no way of knowing, do we? I suggest you read through the book of Romans and Ephesians, use the footnotes in a good study bible and if you can do it, go to a library and get Edward's "NIV Commentary on Romans".

NIV Acts 10:34-36
    34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism
    35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
    36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Peter is talking about God not favoring the Jews over gentiles. He is also speaking of converts to the new faith, to be later called "Christianity".
    Also, the Bible DOES teach that all who do not accept His Son as their Lord and Saviour will reside in hell for an eternity.
    LOL back atcha'
    Rex

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh Puh---leez!!! Gag, gag, choke, choke.

• Jang
    Jang

Mulan

She replied "thank you Jesus." My husband deadpanned, "I didn't know the neurologist's name was Jesus?"

My dauther-in-laws mother is a fundy charismania and drives everyone mad with this. A couple of years ago she had surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia which she had been waiting for God to heal. anyway, she was going on one day how thankful she was that God had finally healed her and so on. giving the impression that it was all miraculous. I pulled her up and reminded her that it was the Surgeon that had done the operation. Her reply was that it was Jesus who used the surgeon to heal ..... Then I asked her how come Jesus had to use a surgeon to heal her when he was quote capable of doing it in an instant.

Still haven't had an answer to that one [:D}

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• God_knows
    God_knows

WHAT am I hearing here?

Do you not believe that the only way to be saved is by confessing Jesus as Lord and King just as the bible says? Do you not believe that you are saved only by accepting His loving sacrifice as the bible states?

It breaks my heart to see such abusiveness of others here; WHERE is the love that Jesus commanded us to have for everyone whether we agree or not?
    LOVE for the day is near.

It is true that, by God's will (though not His desire) many will choose death over life, many will reject Jesus as Lord. They do this to the expense of their eternal life, believing they are right and God is wrong.

I feel such great sadness for anyone who rejects the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit