I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• God_knows
    God_knows

MULAN

I should also add that my handle is chosen because my words are foolish and meaningless without the hepl of the Lord. I am NOTHING but a fly that can be swatted away. NO ONE, NO flesh can ever pretend to fully understand the mind of GOD.

Only GOD KNOWS the whole truth.

I love you all most sweetly, in Jesus's name!

• Mulan
    Mulan

god_knows........why do you post here? Were you ever a JW?

You are just so presumptious in your assessment of what the Bible says, and your interpretations of it. Where exactly, does it say that there is an exception for small babies and children? Again, I ask: Why is your opinion more valid than mine?

I still think God wants people who behave as Christians, more than people who have accepted Christ. But......I am NOT saying that those who accept Christ are less than those who do accept him, anymore than I believe that they are better. Who am I to make that kind of a statement? I like a comment that my brother makes quite often: "The world needs less Christians and more Christs."

And my husband has a sign in his office that says: "Jesus, deliver me from your followers." It is self explanatory to me, but if anyone needs it explained, I will be happy to do so.

• larc
    larc

God_Knows,

I think it is very rude of you to jump into this thread where people are talking about the kind of dialogue they find offensive. You come in with the very reteric they dislike. Why don't you show a modicum of good sense and post your ideas on another thread of your own making. You are a perfect example of the ill mannered nature of those who have this great need to foist their ideas on others. At best, you lack good manners. At worst, you are simply stupid.

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Simply stupid gets my vote.

Religion IS a snare and a racket - there are no exceptions.

• God_knows
    God_knows

You all seem to be mistaking me for a JW, and I am NOT, nor did I ever have any association with them. And DO not wish to do so. I am terribly disturbed at their dreadfully erroneous teachings that only lead people astray from the real truth.

But that does not take away from what Jesus said, that NO ONE cometh to the Father but by ME. It is not enough to do good works, the bible makes that perfectly clear that works do not save you. FAITH in the risen LORD is what saves, and that fAITH has to come first. Works are the fruits of that faith. You cannot put the cart before the horse as it were.

No matter what you might think of me, I LOVE you all most sweetly. Hugs and kisses to all of you.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Why do you NEVER answer my question, god_knows?

Don't you get it? Your self righteous attitude is exactly why we all dislike organized religion. You think you have all the answers.

None of us dislike you. It's your attitude, and your syrupy Christianity that is such a turn off.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked and unbeliever, but by God's foreknowledge it is a simple fact that many will reject the truth, thinking that they can go their own way to be saved. God cannot help those who reject Him and will not listen. So He gives them up the the path which they alone have chosen to follow. God does not condemn them; THEY CONDEMN THEMSELVES.

I know. Translation, once again: Do what I say and no one gets hurt.

It's really that simple. As you, yourself, just confirmed by the above.

• larc
    larc

Mulan and Seeker,

I tryed to be as direct as I could with God_Knows and he still comes back. Question for the two of you: is there something wrong with the way I write or is there something wrong with the way he reads?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Larc, You write great!! He is just a typical self righteous religious type. Like most of us used to be. We wouldn't have been so easily discouraged either. It's hard to remember that part of my past, but it was still there. And......it is still really irritating.
    Thanks for your supportive remarks anyway!

• larc
    larc

Mulan,

I remember those days very well, when I was one of God's chosen people, and I was at the door to find the sheep. However, after my attempt to "overcome objections" as I was taught to do, I did understand the meaning of "No", and I would leave the porch. I just wish that God_Knows would leave our porch, at least for a couple days. That's all I ask of him. (How can we miss him when he won't even leave?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit