I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• God_knows
    God_knows

*Sighs*

I can only guess who that was directed at, but if that is me, I already said, TINA, that I am not a JW, and disapprove of the WT teachings.

• God_knows
    God_knows

Ok.
    Do I believe in the Koran? NO. Because it denies the divinity of Jesus Christ, and also denies His sacrifice.

• God_knows
    God_knows

ALL of you....

I am so deeply saddened by the abusivness that I am seeing on this board. And IANAO'S continuing to twist my words around, saying mean things I would never say to any of you.
    I love you all so very much and that will never change. My heart is in anguish at the level of malice and lack of love that I see from so many (I will not say "ALL" because that would be a lie; but it does apply to many here)

Jesus taught us to LOVE all people, and that there is no room for hate in us.

Tomorrow (I cannot do it at the moment) I will contact administration here to cancel my account here. I feel the Holy Ghost's insistence that I leave.

You are all welcome to write to me personally, though, my email is [email protected].

MULAN; you are a sweetheart, and I will love you forever. I do appreciate the email you sent a few days ago, but I relly think I must go.

LDH,

God bless and keep you sweetheart, and I pray that your baby will be strong and fine.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Do I believe in the Koran? NO. Because it denies the divinity of Jesus Christ, and also denies His sacrifice.

And the Bible does not extol Mohammed as God's prophet, so clearly the Bible shouldn't be believed by your reasoning.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I have a piece of paper in front of me. It's a message from God. It tells me that the way to heaven consists of always mixing vodka martinis in the ratio of six to one.

I know that this is the word of God, because at the bottom it says "this is a message from God".

The bible, on the other hand, is a false book, since it says absolutely nothing about martinis.

Come all, and be a martini's witness. Drink life's martinis free! (cocktail shaker required)

Expatbrit

• taoistpunk
    taoistpunk

Expatbrit,
    FREE SHAKER! I'm game.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Question: Why is it that exJWs often get more offended by Christians expressing their faith than the genneral, non-Christian public?

Question: Why do ex-JWs enjoy arguing with Christians?

Question: When someone says they believe in the Trinity because of what they read in the Bible, WHY MUST we tell them they are WRONG? Why not just say, "Interesting belief."

Question: And if we insist on telling them they are wrong and why, then what is it that makes us any different than the Christian you THINK is preaching to you?

Question: Why are we so POSITIVE we are RIGHT? (Hummmm.......Wern't we just as sure we were right when we were.....?) Isn't there the smallest possibility we could be WRONG about some Biblical issues?

HINT:
    What other group likes to argue with main stream Christians, feels that they MUST tell people of other faiths that they are WRONG, and is absolutly, 100% sure they are correct in everything they believe they know about the Bible? What other group is unable to see any reason why people could possibly believe differently unless they are stupid or ignorant?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

The problem is that you keep drawing a conclusion comparing apples and oranges. Real Christianity, i.e. 'fundamentalism' is totally different from cults like JWs and others. These groups are easily spotted if you know what to look for:
    They use the same words yet change or twist the meaning.
    They are authoritarian, top down structure for doctrinal beliefs.
    They promote long disproven heresies as the 'real truth'.
    They promote themselves as 'better' than other 'religions' or 'christians'.
    They ignore the fact that a 'saved' Christian can still sin but should gradually improve, faith first and works as a result of their dedication.
    They pretend to be 'Biblical' but have their own peculiar beliefs that actually deny well-researched, verifiable teachings.

Quacking away about how smart you are when you have been shown to know very little will not change the fact that you are hopelessly wrong.
    R.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well I hope you guys are happy. You drove away a perfectly nice gal.

It seems so unnecessary to attack the way some of you do. I am just venting, but I hope you feel some shame.

I wrote her hoping she will change her mind.
    Marilyn (Mulan)

• rosBeacon
    rosBeacon

Hello, lisaBObeesa

I’d like to take make a pass at answering your questions.

Question: Why is it that exJWs often get more offended by Christians expressing their faith than the genneral, non-Christian public?

Could you be a little more precise in which exJWs you are talking about? Some exJWs are Christians.

From my Christian perspective, there is a difference between expressing your faith and preaching it. I don’t get offended at anyone expressing their beliefs, whether it be Christian or non-Christian or non-religious. Fundamentalists believe that unless we accept their specific belief, we will be tortured in fire for eternity. People coming out of the Watchtower are often fed up with religious absolutism, and just don’t want that kind of dogma pushed at them. Especially the ones who have a better understanding of the Biblical issues than the ones preaching them.

Question: Why do ex-JWs enjoy arguing with Christians?

Again, your question presumes all exJWs are not Christians. May we conclude that you have been drawn to Evangelical religion?
    I happen to believe that some exJWs who are not trinitarian ARE Christian. Myself, for example. And for a fact I do not enjoy-—in fact avoid-—arguing with Fundamentalists.
    Do you know of any board that is specifically for Evangelical Christians where exJWs go to argue with them on their turf about their beliefs? It seems the other way around to me.

Question: When someone says they believe in the Trinity because of what they read in the Bible, WHY MUST we tell them they are WRONG? Why not just say, "Interesting belief."

Well I for one do not argue trinity with people who believe it. I do not believe it is an issue for salvation and don’t see the need to convince them they are wrong. In my experience, it’s the people who believe the trinity who try to force-feed their belief to people who don’t agree. I would be lying if I said it was interesting.

Question: And if we insist on telling them they are wrong and why, then what is it that makes us any different than the Christian you THINK is preaching to you?

Again and again, it seems to me that you have the issue reversed. They come in telling us WE are not Christians (in fact you have been implying the same) and don’t know the “real Jesus”. I say we are perfectly justified in voicing disagreement with them, in fact, being offended. However, I don’t argue it; I just don't blame people who do.

Now let me ask you another question: Do you believe we should point out to Jehovah’s Witnesses that they are wrong and why?

Question: Why are we so POSITIVE we are RIGHT? (Hummmm.......Wern't we just as sure we were right when we were.....?) Isn't there the smallest possibility we could be WRONG about some Biblical issues?

By “we” should be suppose you do not believe you (as in “we”) are right?

Let me quote you a “Murphy’s Law” I like that refers to a Biblical proverb:
    “The race is not always to the swift or the victory to the strong.” But that’s the way to bet!
    If I make a fairly in-depth study of something and find that the vast preponderance of circumstantial evidence supports one way that may have a profound effect on my life, it is not wise to bet on the remote possibility that the other way is right. Its like buying a lottery ticket. I may think you are foolish to buy a lottery ticket. That’s MY opinion. BUT—-I have to admit, it is POSSIBLE you will win! But I wouldn’t bet on it. The point is, all we can do is go with what seems right to us.

[quote]HINT:
    What other group likes to argue with main stream Christians, feels that they MUST tell people of other faiths that they are WRONG, and is absolutly, 100% sure they are correct in everything they believe they know about the Bible? What other group is unable to see any reason why people could possibly believe differently unless they are stupid or ignorant?
    [quote]

Let’s turn that question around again: Which ones do not?
    Why do you think your question does not fit “mainstream” Christians? Do you include Catholics, Mormons, Lutherans, etc.? Evangelicals don’t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit