I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

JustAThought: Try a modern English Bible. Geez! Who can understand all that middle ages English.

• God_knows
    God_knows

First point- LDH

What do you think the bible means when it says (John 1:1)
    In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

Or how about Rev. 1:8
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Or John 20:28 (After Thomas had seen the risen Jesus)
    And Thomas answered And said unto him, My Lord and my God

Second point- to a number of you here.....not all, but some for sure.....

Is there no love anywhere within you? Is all you have within you a tendency to enjoy backbiting and malice? People have a right to choose for themselves what they will believe, we can talk to them all we want to, but unless they make a conscious choice to change their beliefs, we do not have the right to judge them for the paths they choose to follow.

Jesus commanded us to go to the world and teach the truth; but not to shove our beliefs down people's throats. Did JESUS do that NO.

No matter what happens, the command LOVE your neighbor still applies to everyone whether you are in agreement or not. WHY can you not LOVE each other? WHY does there have to be so much verbal mudslinging here? I myself might certainly not agree with your beliefs necessarily, but I LOVE every single one of you with the same passion that I share for the King. You can beat me up for this all you want to, and I will still love you all.

• LDH
    LDH

Maybe it's the pregnancy, but your fucking martyrdom is just too much for me.

Considering the fact that John 1:1 has not been explained in a satisfactory explanation by ANY religious group, I would say it has been bastarized.

Considering Revelation was nothing but an old man on an Alzheimer trip, I wouldn't put too much faith in it. Unless you really thing Jesus is motoring around heaven on a celestial chariot. Barf.

"In sweetest love with eternal hope spring forth from the wonderful words of our Good Book the Bible which teaches us how the Judeo-Christian peoples are BETTER than anyone else on earth how I do love you with a love so deep and I will pray for you, you poor sop."

Somebody get me a barf bag. The Fundies are praying for me.

Here, go get your supplies of the infamous Chick tracts to convert all the poor brown and yellow people to your God!

http://www.chick.com/default.asp

If you are seriously up for a beat-down, email me privately. I can arrange a meeting.

• ianao
    ianao

LDH:

Somebody get me a barf bag. The Fundies are praying for me.

LOL. I know what you mean.

• jelly
    jelly

LDH,

straight off of a Chick Tract.

The first time someone told me they had a 'chick tract' for me I got very excited, boy was I disappointed when I found out what they really were.

Jelly

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

How ironic is it that people who used to participate in what
    must be the one of the most obnoxious religious groups in our
    time decrying Chick tracts. At least nobody's shoving 'em in
    your face and asking you to pay for publishing costs.

• God_knows
    God_knows

I still love you anyway.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor
    Someone says 'Thank you Jesus' and we cringe.

Actually, I find that I don't cringe as much at that as when I hear "Jehovah." I can't equate God with Jehovah. Jehovah is the god of the JWs, not the God of Christianity. I know it's "just another name" but I can't get past the squirrelly feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I hear/read the name "Jehovah" in reference to God.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Rex said:

Did you know that God's grace is free and cannot be earned?

Why did we never hear this expressed by the Witnesses? Why did they never discuss "grace?"

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."
  • ianao
    ianao

God_Knows:

We love you too. Although we don't really know who you are, it is apparent that you care deeply for others. Here's a thought...

Why don't you try loving others because Jesus told you to and quit trying to push your silly trinity doctrine? That seems to be part of the problem here, your message of love is being overridden by your pushing of an illogical doctrine that in all honesty you probably have never thoroughly investigated logisticly.

Now, if you HONESTLY love people, why don't you just go away? I know your really here to justify yourself and try to be a good christian, but please turn off your computer, go outside and do things to help others that will really see your good works. You're not helping anyone here. There might be an old lady down the street who needs groceries, or a poor man that needs a bowl of soup, and they sit there and suffer because people like you are doing exactly what the witnesses do... Your pushing your silly doctrinal agenda instead of helping your fellow humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit