I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I actually think he is gone. He hasn't posted on this thread again, anyway. His last comment seemed to be a finale. I was like you too, towards the end especially. I was easily 'discouraged' by a householder, and left their porch quite agreeably!!

• God_knows
    God_knows

*sighs*

That is SHE to all of you, not HE.

I will go, but not without a great deal of sadness; There is no love anywhere in this world, only bitterness. I still love you all no matter what.

• God_knows
    God_knows

Just one more thing though....

I hear what you all say baout organised religion; I myself am NOT part of any man's organised religion, for you can have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ without organised religion standing in your way.

I am so sorry that man's lies have turned you off the saviour. I will pray for you all. I love yuo.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Nice one lisa....i hope you socked it to them!!!

• ianao
    ianao

larc:

At best, you lack good manners. At worst, you are simply stupid.

Don't let this board get to you the way it's gotten to me at times. Keep your head level.

I can't believe I miss mds.

• LDH
    LDH

Larc, Mulan, Seeker, Copernicus and others:

God Knows and Rex are an example of the perfection of my argument, without even realizing it.

They immediately took my argument to be anti-Christian! The whole point of my post is how easily ANY religion can be derailed by this very simple argument. It just so happened it was a group of Christians.

WOW talk about missing the point!

Lisa
    (PS TR we will have to elope in the middle of the night)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I emailed to God_knows not to stop posting. We actually need people like them here. I just advised him to stop preaching and just keep a dialog going. No one likes a preacher. (no one here, that is)

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

First of all, I did not correct anyone's grammar, that was someone else.
    Second, I was merely pointing out that WTS reasoning on the Bible is usually so far off base that you can only confuse someone who is lacking in any scriptural knowledge. Evangelicals that have studied the various doctrines that are Biblical can show their veracity in the Bible.
    Third, God has many houses that imperfect humans can use for worship. Differences in the true body of Christ are NOT in the areas of salvation, the nature of God nor of the two possible destinations of the immortal soul.
    Fourth, there is no, 'one, true church' of any human organization and the warnings in various N.T. books against teachings clearly apply to specific heresies that were present at that time. Jesus' parable of the wheat and the tares shows this in an obvious way.
    Fifth, people who have not taken the time to investigate the alternatives to the WTS are only denying Christ. If your last day occurs tomorrow, where will you be, saved for an eternity or lost for an eternity?
    Sixth, your 'killing the messenger' while ignoring the implication of said message.

Did you know that God's grace is free and cannot be earned?
    All that is required is for you to believe in the sacrifice of our Lord at the cross, ask forgiveness and repent of your past life of sin! Pick up your cross and follow Christ.

God loves you. John 2.16,
    You are a sinner. Romans 3.23,
    You are now dead in sin. Romans 6.23,
    Christ died for you. Romans 5.6-8,
    You can be saved by faith alone. Acts 16.30-31,
    You can know you are saved. 1 John 5.10-13,
    You can be obedient Acts 5.29

Read these with an open mind and open heart that God may bring salvation to your soul! It's time to shed your former beliefs and ask the Lord to whow you the way.
    Rex

• God_knows
    God_knows

Hi, Mulan, thanks for writing. My name is Christina Douglas.

I really AM sorry that the lies of the WT have pushed you all away. I personally have no connection with any organised religion, because I have not found a good church yet. In that sense, I really CAN see where all of you are coming from. Though there is something to be said for going to church and celebrating with other believers, I prefer to stay at home, because in my own worship I find far more fulfillment than in any church around here.

I did not come here to judge you all, Jesus said Do NOT judge. I do hope, that in time, you might come to see who Jesus REALLY is.

I have nothing but LOVE for all of you, and I will be back if I am welcome.

• LDH
    LDH

Actually Rex, I am the one who corrected your grammar.

Furthermore, all of the 'cute' little quotes you got look like they are straight off of a Chick Tract.

Let's clarify. Jesus died to redeem all mankind. Where did HE say you had to believe in him in order to receive that gift? HA HA all of the scriptures you quoted were written by OTHERS and were not the words of JESUS your redeemer. Some who wrote those bible books you quoted never even MET Jesus let alone had a conversation with him.

The only two commandments that YOUR Lord gave were

1. Love your FATHER (not Love *ME*, the Great Jesus) with your whole HEART SOUL AND MIND
    2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

So *NO* loving Jesus is not a prerequisite for salvation. Neither is being baptised in his name. His death alone redeemed sinful mankind.

At least, that's what a *TRUE* Christian should believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit