Convention Apostatizing Brings Gestapo Response

by outnfree 64 Replies latest jw friends

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

These people (?) should all be forced to see therapists. The very idea, following someone and taking down fliers. Isn't that paranoid? Isn't that un-Christian? Isn't that against the law? And when they blocked the car and approached you and wanted you to roll down your window like they are the police of the world? I would have run the guy over with my car. Let's see if the resurrection really is true!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Esther (and all),

I am, indeed, gratified with the results. The word in the area was that there were 30,000 in attendance. If silentlambs' site got 300+ hits, that's 1% of attendees. I truly, truly hope that most of those were curiosity calls. But, if even 1 was a real victim who as a result of my actions plucked up the courage to call or access the website to get help, it is enough.

Jst2Laws,

I always thought that you WERE a 'person like me'. I have enjoyed your posts, both here and on H2O, your warm humanity, the struggle that you have shared with us.

I agree with Farkel. Fading away is best. IMO, fading away is what will calm your soul as well as allowing you to leave with your dignity intact.

I understand so well what you mean when you say you are presently determined "to show love to all" in preparation for your eventual departure. I felt the same. In fact, I made sure I took care of several undotted i's and uncrossed t's before my da'ing announcement was made. We want to be thought of as GOOD people. We ARE 'GOOD people', but we know that we will be unfairly branded as wicked and evil, and that hurts.

I don't know if you've read this before, but I decided to hand-deliver my DA letter to as many elders as possible to hasten the meeting that would result in my leaving. At several homes, the elders and/or their wives were home and invited me in to share their hospitality. It was very strange, because I knew that a few days later these very same people would be cutting me off as dead. But I nonetheless took the opportunity to be treated as a valuable fellow human (never mind Christian!) and to try to give them gentle clues as well as compliments and loving words by which to remember me.

Arggggghhh!

Farkel said:

If you want to leave their game, then don't play by their rules when you are trying to do so. Put yourself in the frame of mind that their rules are no longer binding upon you and no longer relevant to you.

In hindsight, I agree. I would never have DA'd myself. ESPECIALLY if I had known what the Flock book pointed out about floundering ones.
    I would have taken back my power, and gone away COMPLETELY on MY terms, leaving open options for interpersonal relationships that do not exist for me any longer. I feel I could have done this AND remained true to my newfound convictions.

So, I'm sure, can you.

(((((jst2laws))))))
    Even your name speaks volumes about your goodness.

outnfree

• joelbear
    joelbear

Seems like outnfree's experience would be of interest to the Dateline people.

Joel

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello jigrigger:

You asked about the source of the quotes...I'm assuming you mean in my post...if not..sorry just ignore this.

All the quotes in my post were from the same newspaper article written in June 1993 in the Religion Section of the Toronto Star (Canada) written by Michael McAteer.

The quotes without quotation marks ("") were the remarks of the writer's relating his interviews with 2 exJW's and with the Watchtower spokesperson Walter Graham.

The quotes with quotation marks ("...")around them are the exact comments from the person either the xJWs or the Witness Spokesperson Walter Graham at the DC in Toronto.

I hope this helps.

Had Enough

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Fantastic out'nfree,

Wonderfull that it actually got things moving despite the drones tearing them down. We should start something like this in NSW. There are enough conspirators here already to flood the super-bowl carpark with flyers (I'll be putting them inside cars not under wiper blades .. I just knew that pioneer training on splipping tracts through weather-proofing would come in handy one day ;)

Damned cheek blocking your right of passage - an offence in australia - wish they'd try that on me (with the 4WD and crash bars front and back they'd be more stupid than brave to try it)

I'm proud of you and your son out n free.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Just2,

Your initials wouldn't be JH would they?

• Jourles
    Jourles

I'm sorry to say that as a 'delegate' to this convention, I did not see any of the flyers posted anywhere. From Outnfree's depiction of her story, I can see why.

I remember when I used to be in security during the DA's. We did not have the "Attendant" portion behind our badges, but rather, a sticker or stamp behind our badge identifying us as being with security. We would just flash our badge upside down to reveal the backside and we were in any door we wanted. I also remember having the morning prep talks with the security overseer on how to follow and take down any troublemakers who managed to get inside the venue. We would joke about having a rolled up Watchtower with a billy club in it. Let the Watchtower take em' out!

• sf
    sf

This was posted last June Jourles.

{{{outnfree}}}

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Outnfree

truly awesome waytogo

and thanks bill for the stats report

Now planning has started for my next ecsapade

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Outnfree,

I loved your story...next time you should take some tall guy with you and a ladder and post the ads up so high on the poles that the Dubs cant take them down.

Here is another idea....if we could collect enough money from xjw's on this board...we could rent a billboard space in major city where a convention is being held.

Lizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit