Convention Apostatizing Brings Gestapo Response

by outnfree 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

the comment was made:

"I am not sure what was accomplished but it was very interesting."

######

I agree while it indeed was exciting- i hate to say but if falls right into the trap that the Boys in Writing have been setting for years. the typical jw has it ingrained in thier brains as to how to react to stunts like this- if anything it only strenghten them for it confirms what they have been told for years- they will beat thier former bro, etc

the worst thing a jw can deal with is a "nice Apostate" for they have been told that such ones are foaming at the mouth-

i firmly believe that many of us here are missing golden opportunties to use our Training as JW to by past so many land mines that wt has put in place to shut down the avg jw where they refuse to listen

if i were still and elder i would be using this exp in my next talk on sunday- "they have left cause they were not our sort, etc"

while i'm sure he got a personal high out of it- so did the jw for they knew that they were fighting against satan himself-

when i was an elder i recall an elder telling me that he perfered to serve on an apostasy case over a sex case- for he felt that he was going up against and AGENT OF SATAN while he rep Jah on the issue

as he put it you can clearly see the Issue of WHO SHALL RULE being fought out in front of your eyes

so with a mindset like that- one must use better discernment in my view

james

• JT
    JT

out n free-

I will say this-- for NONJW this type of stuff really works and works well-

but i often wonder how well it works with jw once thier software kicks in

but your story was funny though

james- yes the old attendants the lowest of the low of Males in WT

• outnfree
    outnfree

JT,

I did consider that the "evil slave beating his brothers" mentality would kick in and that the eyes would glaze over, the brains go dim, etc.

However, if I helped just ONE Witness to see that there was help and understanding out there for JW victims, I would consider that reward enough for all the reviling that is perhaps being heaped around my head as a result.

What good will the Dateline program do? Same response would be typical.

I consider what I did to also be consciousness-raising so that when the program publicity trailers come on air for Dateline and JayDubs see them, the ones who saw my mobile billboard will perhaps react with more curiousity and find themselves unable to resist viewing the program. It will "click" as to what I was all about (I'm hoping, at least.)

Please remember, too, that the ad I was parading around with did NOT slam the WT. (I specifically didn't choose, for example, Pedophiles in Paradise?) One would have to actually visit the website to see that it was anti-Watch Tower POLICY and that other members are suffering because of it.

Since they got riled up by Sunday AM, I've got to think that at least ONE elder actually DID visit the website (or at least called Brooklyn if they didn't already realize what 'silentlambs' meant). <-- I'll take it!

outnfree

• TR
    TR

Outnfree,

Great job! I love you! You've inspired me to do the same, but it will have to be at the local circuit assembly, as there's no DC in my town this year. I've already printed up a flyer to post near the CA site. I'm going to scope out the site early to see where to post flyers, and of course, get permission.

However, I do have some concerns as James pointed out. BUT! While I was a JW I saw the 1-800-why-1914 ad in the local newspaper and dialed the number, only to get scared and hang up! Eventually though, I did call the number and got their info. So, there is a segment of the JW curious that will respond.

Thanks for the great post!

TR

"Kults Suk"

• Mulan
    Mulan

Outnfree, you are awesome!! And I am sure Bill Bowen (silentlambs) will agree that what you did was great!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Yes the JWs are programmed...but you know and I KNOW that a bazillion of these people are ON THE EDGE in there, barely hanging on to any semblance of being a JW except to keep the heat off themselves. A sign like that might be the one thing that pushes them over the edge, makes them ACT on what they had been feeling all along. WE all went to those assemblies. I know the last TWO I went to...I wanted OUT OUT OUT!! And Im quite sure many of you did too. They are too afraid to find those phone numbers out for themselves, but when presented to them on a sign?? ...hey...many WILL call it.

The numbers bear that out...the masses are exiting and you just never know what will be the catalyst.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Different approaches work for different people. Some will respond, some won't. At the very least, it will be a cause for conversation in cars leaving the convention.

If it helps one child, I think it was worth it.

hugs

Joel

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

This could be one of the coolest posts that I've read on the board!!! Good for you, please keep it up!!!!!!

Next year make sure you at least have a video camera and an ordinary camera to get footage of such incidents, if you can't get a journalist interested. If anyone else is thinking about doing this try to have the media present.

I agree with Norm, next year get those permits and get a news team to cover exactly how "wonderful" the dub's are. If someone can do this in Jacksonville (when they come back) where they lost the convention this year and the city is already pissed at them!!

I was going to say too that the Scientologists make the Dub's look like amatuers when it comes to this stuff.

Slipnslidemaster: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

• JT
    JT

However, if I helped just ONE Witness to see that there was help and understanding out there for JW victims, I would consider that reward enough for all the reviling that is perhaps being heaped around my head as a result.

########
    point well take and i agree

• JT
    JT

lovedubs

but you know and I KNOW that a bazillion of these people are ON THE EDGE in there, barely hanging on to any semblance of being a JW except to keep the heat off themselves. A sign like that might be the one thing that pushes them over the edge, makes them ACT on what they had been feeling all along.

#########

you are correct there are more today than ever who are on the edge and all they need is a little push and they are OUTTA THERE

ONE of the nice things about the net is it allows all of us to reexamine our views on things many of the points mentioned bear that out

this is why the net works - you can get not bits and pcs but the whole pie

thanks for all the different angles to look at things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit