I think I was off the day they taught ...

by Simon 47 Replies latest social humour

• under the radar
    under the radar

The Rockwell Retro Encabulator routine is pure genius!

I'm amazed at this guy's ability spout all that BS with such a straight face! Reminds me of that scene in Airplane where the captain (Dean Martin) gives the precocious kid a line of double-talk to make him think they hadn't reversed course when they really had. Hey! Wait a minute... I know of a couple of Internet TV sites and YouTube channels where he'd fit right in! Just sayin'...

I can regurgitate all kinds of trivia and have had to memorize lots of numbers and rules and regulations for aviation jobs I've held, but I could never remember off-hand whether my (first) wedding anniversary was on the 21st or the 24th of a certain month and year. I always had to google a calendar of that year and look it up. Go figure...

• prologos
    prologos

starboard right and green? but I like the sound of ignorance Sam Cooke: Don't know much about history-- what a wonderful world--"t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO72aCnVr0

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

prologos: starboard right and green?

I LEFT my RED PORT wine at home

• Simon
    Simon
    Left and Right is easier than East and West ... I still have to do "Never East Shredded Wheat" to work out the points on a compass :)
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Simon

I have been driving for over 50 years , and today was the first I ever heard of the fuel gauge in a car had an indicator as to what side of the car was the fill cap.

Another one : A woman`s logic.

My wife giving directions in the car , turn left here , obediently I proceed to do as she says , Wife , Not that way stupid , that way ,pointing to the right.

Me , but you said turn left , wife , You know what I mean.

I`m supposed to be a mind reader , that has happened countless times in our 54 years marriage .

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos
    cultBegone:--"Yep, February is weird.--" but not in a supernatural way. Earth is closer to the sun in the winter, and having fallen, moves faster, whereas the moon keeps on revolving unaffectedly. Johan Kepler figured it out ~400 years ago. he would have been a member here, disfellowshipped for bible based critical comments.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Simon blame it on Sanford Fleming. lol
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    I was off (down the Pub) the day they taught Sobriety.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    What a fucking Joke LOL
  • besty
    besty

"port, left, even" (numbers on life rafts etc eg life raft 2 will always be on the lefthand or port side of the ship)

"starboard, right, odd" numbers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit