I think I was off the day they taught ...

by Simon 47 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon
    Use the knuckle method, knuckleheads

Mind ... blown ...

WHY DIDN'T THEY TEACH US THAT !!

The crazy thing is that I can't remember the days in each month but I know Pi to 31 decimal places (yeah, super useful that is) and other obscure facts (anyone need to know the boiling point of Mercury? Anyone? No?)

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    WHY DIDN'T THEY TEACH US THAT !!

I dunno. I didn't get taught that in school either :)

But I could tell you all about supply and demand curves.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Yep, February is weird. And I'm still trying to understand W E D N E S D A Y. Who says WED-NESS day? Wikipedia says it comes from the old Germanic "Woden" but then why isn't it Wodensday?
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Every day its something new I was never taught. Never would have thought I would be so obsessed with learning new things either.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    For example I just learned that mixing left and right may have something to do with personality! lol http://typeindepth.com/2010/11/mixing-right-and-left/
  • millie210
    millie210
    the girl next door
    For example I just learned that mixing left and right may have something to do with personality! lolhttp://typeindepth.com/2010/11/mixing-right-and-left/

And here I thought I was the only one!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

left and right have always been a problem.

i was asked once to sit in some ones car and put my foot on the brakes, I couldn't remember which one it was. I had to stop thinking about it, been driving for 30 years.

• Simon
    Simon
    it comes from the old Germanic "Woden" but then why isn't it Wodensday?

I invented a midweek drinks-after-work tradition which I called "Woden's Day" (it also applies to an old English god I think). We still meet with ex-colleagues every now and then and people sat "we'll get together at the next Woden's Day"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Yeap, I've had the fuel tank confusion a couple of times. Helps to know that it's on my side (driver's side).
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I grew up in a house where some plumber switched the hot and cold feed lines. So my parents put the blue and red marked knobs on the then hot and cold. Now I am NEVER remembering which way on a single handle faucet where the hot is and where the cold, or on knobs not marked.

There also some words that even when into my 40s I would not know the meaning to, but it seemed everyone else did. Usually, not so uncommon words, as then I would hear them often. I can't figure out how they had gotten past me all those years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit