What should I do if the Internet goes down ?

by Simon 46 Replies latest social humour

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Simon...you forgot one....

11. Wait on Jehovah.

LOL Frannie --

I would do some research using CDROM etc paste into aword document and when back on-line have a few posts reay so I could actually post more topics/questions than minimus and really piss him off

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I would do some research using CDROM etc paste into aword document and when back on-line have a few posts reay so I could actually post more topics/questions than minimus and really piss him off

LOL, Stilla! Yup...that'd do it alright!

Frannie B

• Valis
    Valis
    Info war. Ultimate control....Control the INFO and you control the masses. not good.

*LOL* I doubt the Washington Post is the ultimate in mind control...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• wednesday
    wednesday

"meat in due season" lol

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I have an early warning system - called "Faculty". If a Faculty member were trying to reach JWD the conversation would go like this.

www.jehovahs-witness.com is typed into url bar, .05 nano seconds later: Phone Rings.

"IT Dept, may I help you?"

"Hi this is Prof. So and So, Is Netscape down?"

"Um if you mean is the internet down I'll check - nope seems okay"

"I can't reach the server"

"The server - um which server?"

"Netscape"

"Do you mean www.netscape.com?"

"No I'm trying to get to JWD"

"Can you get to other web sites?"

"I'll check - yes"

"It would seem that that website might be having problems"

"When will it be fixed?"

"I don't know, we don't actually control that website"

"Should I call Netscape?"

[pause]

"Yes, yes you should."

"Thanks"

"You're welcome"

[pops handful of glass into mouth and chews]

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTTT,

No, MsMcDucket, it was not something we did! I really feel educated after reading this thread. Information is everything. A little less inclined to stare at a blank screen for who knows how long. Only a little less. And panic? Nonsense! We "incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed-up zombies" do not panic. We have nothing to lose by waiting... and waiting... and....

CoCo

• 5go
    5go

4. Install A GameIn emergency situations, installing a single-player computer game can occupy your down-time. While it won't replace the adrenaline rush of intense networked multiplayer action provided by the Internet, a quick game of Sim City or Flight Simulator may distract you long enough for your connection to return.
    Age of Myth works well so does any real time strategy; or if your angry, and want to take out it out on some get a shooter like call of duty; or battlefield 2

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Me? Go outside and take a walk...... sounds good.

• hubert
    hubert

I'm always ready in case the internet goes down. I have a flare gun at the ready, and if I lose the internet, I just step outside and fire a flare into the air.

In a matter of minutes the cable guy will be driving down my street.

Hubert

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh what a nasty thing to do resurrect my favorite poster BRUMMIE!!!! Only in name only BOO HOO

Simon when the net goes down. I am "GOING HOME" to that place you dont believe exists

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit