What should I do if the Internet goes down ?

by Simon 46 Replies latest social humour

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Has internet ever gone down completely? Probably hackers would love to do that.

But then they'd be out of a job. Hackers wouldn't be a threat anymore if there was no more internet.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Simon,

if you trust in Jehovah, and have faith, the internet will never go or and take your website with it. Only those doubters could ever think such a thing. Apostates! " get behind me, Satan"

Scripture quote ( it has been too many years for me to remember--but I really used to be very good at rattling these quotes off!) " ...those of little faith"...blah, blah blah.

( and where would that leave all of us posters?) Perhaps we could send each other faxes...

frank

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, Jehover would never allow that to happen.

Its like the time I showed my dad some information about how the sun will some day become a red-giant and consume mercury, venus, earth and mars.

He simply said: "Oh, that will never happen. Jehover will put some new fuel in the sun." <--- Without blinking

In this case Jehover will protect all of the hardware and software of the internet from anything that could possibly cause it to all shut down. I guess he even has a super-firewall that can filter out all harmful data packets too!

Hmmmm... I wonder why Jehover is not filtering out all the harful apostate data packets?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When we had the power blackout here I just connected to the internet using my laptop. My phone line was ok. If the phones go down, I can always connect using my laptop and cell phone. Slow as hell, but it's better than nothing.

Walter

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Stay calm and try to think if there could be a slight possibility that there is something wrong in your computer. Then prepare to run all the repare programs you possess - and after 36 hours, hurrah a working internet connection.

No need to throw your computer through the windows and (hand) write letters again....

And then you think: well I've got my connection back, maybe Internet Explorer and the Forum are compatibel again ? No.
    Still have to work with Navigator....

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    No need to throw your computer through the windows

Awww, but that's the best way of releasting pent up frustration.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hey Simon,didn't you just get all those certifications for all your hard work studying for those exams and passing the grade.Well, we will look for you to carry on with the lastest invention called "Morse Code".Dot dot ..Dash dash-- Dot Dash.-you remember the "CARRY ON " gang,they use to be on late night tv.I can just see everyone now signing in for there latest morse code scrambler ( so that the society spies can't decode you ) from Simon who we trust will help us to carry on.Sign me up now Simon,one for me and one for my wife,you know the wives have their own language of morse code.Sorry about that Angarad

Blueblades

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was thinking that companies have Disaster Relief plans, just in case there is a major power outage or fire or something to halt the flow of work..

Well.. wouldn't it be nice if Simon had a plan for if the net goes down and how we can deal with the withdrawals?? or even just the server for JWD??

I remember way back when that Witnet had a note (a yr or more before it actually closed) about it going to be closing. All I could think of was that I had lost contact with so many people. I never worried if I had their email, because I never thought the site would end. When I read that note I thought it was gone forever and with it so many people I had come to love. My only disaster recovery plan was a bottle of whiskey.. I killed all but a few drops of a full bottle.. the only time I ever called in sick when I really wasn't sick... I think my boss knew it from my giggles when I called in and left a message on his voice mail that I wouldn't be able to make it in the next day..... (oops)

I need a better plan for if JWD goes down!

• wednesday
    wednesday

last night i kept getting for the jwd board"service unavalilable" . I went into crisis mode and did a lot of repair programs. Dear Gawd, simon was warning us ahead of time (lol)

• Brummie
    Brummie

I luurrrrv panicing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit