How to Help Vicki Boer Right Now

by Frannie Banannie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

((((Vicki & Scott)))) You've both done great! This unfortunate legal ruling doesn't by one iota diminish the incredible courage you've both shown.

Uzzah, thanks for that 'preliminary' release; very well written. Count us in on anything we can do...Kate and I live in Portland, Oregon, USA, and will forward a 'reviewed' release to all the local medias as soon as one is put together.

Also, please keep us informed about any donation fund that is set up to help defray these costs.

Craig & Kate

• alamb
    alamb

I posted this on the other thread but:

We could all go donate blood (some places pay) and sign the checks directly over to the WT to pay her fees. See if they take blood money. Show them for what they are. Hypocrites.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    You have both Vicki and my permission to contact any media outlet you want. We are leaving it in your hands as I try and nurse vicki through this. She feels that she has let you down by not winning a clean victory for other abuse victims.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to all of our support for Vicki and outrage at the jw justice. I for one certainly empathize ... You and Vicki must be going through some emotional upheaval right now. Know that our thoughts are with you and Vicki at this critical time.

Please ... you must know ... that Vicki has not let any one of us down. Rather, the way I see it is that the justice system has failed Vicki. This is a serious injustice that has been perpetrated against a victim of sexual abuse. A case of the system re-victimizing a victim. We will not stand for it!

Know that we will support Vicki and stand by her in whatever her next choice may be.

((((Hugs to Scott & Vicki))))

ESTEE

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    She feels that she has let you down by not winning a clean victory for other abuse victims.

(((((Scott & Vicki))))), she has NOT let anyone down....on the contrary, this may be the "worm" that spoils the WT-BATS' "barrel of apples".....so be hopeful and let's blitz the media and then see what happens.....

I have the press release....is there somewhere I can locate contact info to pass along to the media with the press release....it will facilitate things immensely for them to sink their teeth into this matter.....because this outcome begs the question, "Are ALL who've been victims of sexual molestation and rape worldwide while under subjection to the WT-BATS, to expect this sort of treatment for speaking out and attempting to right the wrongs perpetrated by the Society?

DO NOT POST THE CONTACT INFO HERE....Uzzah has given it to me and I will pass it along where needed....PM me if you need to.

Frannie B

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

For contact information to send along with the Press release please use SilentLambs, Bill Bowen

or for Canadian press contacts feel free to pm Scully, Lady Lee or Hawkaw or myself for this info since most don't want this personal information posted on a public board.

You can reach me at Uzzah1998 @ hotmail.com (without all the blank spaces)

Uzzah

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Alamb,

We could all go donate blood (some places pay) and sign the checks directly over to the WT to pay her fees. See if they take blood money. Show them for what they are. Hypocrites.

Yanno, that's not a bad idea. The donate blood idea. We could sign the checks over to Vicki (or just cash them & send her the money - but send copy of original check for blood donation) But if we could sign them safely over to her.........she could xerox copy them and show that it's BLOOD MONEY which is paying the WTBTS for their continued abuse of a survivor of sexual abuse by their religion.

Might even make a public statement usable for future publicity.

Does anyone else see the possibilites this could be - IF we could pull it off?

• A true way to help Vicki.
    • And! Make a nasty public statement to the WT on child abuse and blood.
    • And! Actually help other people to live.
    • And! Not actually cost the ones involved any money (just their blood, eh?)

Could this be actually organized, promoted for Vicki & against the WTBTS? The Damn The WT Blood Drive!

Whatcha think? Could we do this? There's other xjw's who don't frequent here (some of our family members even) who we *might* get involved with this. Strong reasons to give a little.

Uzzah?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Find your Member of Parliament using your Postal Code

Postal Code (e.g. A1A1A1)

Source: Statistics Canada - September 2002

http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/people/house/PostalCode.asp?Source=SM

ESTEE

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Alamb and Waiting...

I think there is some promise for this being a good idea but I was wondering if we could expand a bit on this and see if there a way of using this principle more effectively. Do you, or anyone else, know of any group or individual the Watchtower Society would NOT take money from, would outright refuse it? If there were such "untouchable" sources, and the money was clearly and legally marked for payment of Vicki's legal fees, and they refused it....well hot damn. They would be forced to write it off then.

Years ago, I really pissed off a car dealership that sold me a lemon. I purchased a brand new Mazda sports car and it had continual mechanical problems that their repair shop couldn't fix. I eventually began paying the monthly payments in loose bags of pennies! This really angered the dealership and they told me they would refuse my payment if I did that again. Of course I did it again, and reminded them that it was a Federal law that they accept this cash payment because pennies were legal tender. They complained and moaned about it, telling me that it took hours of employee time to count and wrap the pennies. I just smiled wider. I do hope if those Watchtower bitches manage to get any money at all for their legal fees, they have to endure a similar fate.

Skipper

• waiting
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

When emailing the "big guns" as in primary news media, please keep your comments concerning your outrage over this ruling brief and to the point (K.I.S.S. - keep it simple, sweetie).....These four items (below) should be included in your emails blitzing the news media. This way, news personnel may view the articles at their convenience and make necessary contacts:

1. URL to Canadian Press Newspaper article on Canadian Court's Ruling re: Vicki Boer vs. The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York:

http://www.recorder.ca/cp/national/030929/n0929181A.html

2. URL to Vicki Boer's Post-Ruling Press Release info:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/59525/892268/post.ashx#892268

3. URL to the Silent Lambs website: (this shows the cause and greater affects of the adverse ruling)

http://www.silentlambs.org/

4. (List of contacts info from Uzzah)

A question which occurs to me about this whole thing is "How is this ruling going to affect not only the morale of other victims, but the future outcome of rulings in the cases of other molestation and rape victims of the WTS?

To reach the "big guns" and perform a media blitz, use your search engine to find:

CNN, CNN TV, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News, MSNBC News....when you locate them, click on every form of contact on every form of news and reporter at that site, you never know which ones will reach the producers....that way we can be sure of a blitz.....for those of you who wish to help in this way....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit