Organized Rioting Across America Due To A Black Man’s Death

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If them people like George Floyd would just keep to their own kind, we wouldn't be having these problems.

• rh3988
    rh3988

If them people like George Floyd would just keep to their own kind, we wouldn't be having these problems.

I hope that was sarcasm.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

What if black parents taught their kids that white drivers were out to get them and it didn't matter if they stayed on the sidewalk or not, so they run across the street and start leaping in front of cars. Who contributes more to resulting deaths, the parents or the drivers?

Too many black people are doing a terrible job of raising their kids

Single mothers make lousy parents.
    The black community fall for it every time, but strangely they only ever seem to care when it is some thug who's been held to account.

@Simon some of these statements are correct but that can be said of all communities no matter the race or nationality. However the same statements do not make sense as they are taken out of context to fit a narrative.

This website is a perfect example of how a lot of ex JWs still linger here and try to find solace and comfort from past experience in the organization. It is amazing that some have left the organization over 30 years ago and they are still triggered by some issues after so many years. Anyone who hasn't been part of the Org will just say, "it's been a long time, get over yourself" or "you can't live in the past".

There are a lot of JWs who are leading a destructive life style due to experience they had in the organization. You cannot critique their current way of life without taking into account the impact of their past. In the same vain their are ex JWs leading a great life despite their experience. Does that negate, the impact on the later?

With the above said, the issues in the news are not about the black community per se. All communities in America have their own stories or their account of injustices. The black community is probably more vocal about it than other communities but that doesn't negate the fact that a lot more communities have the same issues.

The same is true on this website where some are more vocal than others about their disdain for the JW organization. What brings everyone together to this website is that they have been impacted in one way or another. It is not about comparing who has suffered more.

You cannot make a broad statement about current world issues without taking into account how we got here. Understanding the context does help to appreciate the hows and whys.

• Simon
    Simon
    @Simon some of these statements are correct but that can be said of all communities no matter the race or nationality. However the same statements do not make sense as they are taken out of context to fit a narrative.

Not really. What are the stats on fatherless households across different communities and demographics? Now overlay the crime stats onto those. Not everything is always the same - this has been made into an "evil", preventing comparisons and identifying issues. Because some people want these issues to be prolonged.

I don't think any other ethnicity fills their kids with the notion that then cannot succeed like black people seem to. Contrast that with Asian or Indians who are known to instil in their kids the expectation that they will succeed and do well.

Then look at the results - kids do pretty much exactly what they are taught, they live in whatever reality they have been brought up to expect and enjoy or suffer the consequences accordingly.

You cannot make a broad statement about current world issues without taking into account how we got here. Understanding the context does help to appreciate the hows and whys.

I think how we got here is known and acknowledged. The question is why are we kept here. Why does nothing progress?

Not really a question, the answer is pretty obvious - progress would be a threat to some people's position and power.

This is why "what are the proposed changes" is such an important question to ask and why some keep promoting the nebulous "systemic racism" instead which is simply an excuse for no change to happen. The only change that can ever happen is that based on concrete proposals. So where are they?

I'll start with one: abolish public sector unions that protect police and teachers from the abuse their members inflict on the public they are meant to serve. Oh, suddenly it goes quiet and the appetite for change will vanish and we'll be back hearing about "systemic racism". Intentional vagueness to avoid real change.

You have to look at who stands to gain and who stands to lose by fixing something, and then look at who wants that to happen and who doesn't.

Hint for anyone who doesn't get it yet: if you are a politician who's political office and not inconsiderable wealth is built on a combination of angry-black votes and union contributions, you don't want that shit fixed!

Who talks about "system racism" the most? Then ask yourself why.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I hope that was sarcasm.

rh3988 ...

If it wasn't sarcasm, I should be in jail.

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe that way.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Hmmm nothing wrong with people wanting to be with their own kind. Many blacks in the 60s and even more prior were not interesting in being with or around white people. They just wanted to have access to the same opportunities as white neighborhoods.

There were many many many majority Africsn American towns as well as major cities that were prosperous prior to integration and after, but poor white people generally did not like that so they would do everything in their power to destroy them... they always succeeded.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Hmmm nothing wrong with people wanting to be with their own kind.

silentbuddha ...

I guess my sarcasm highlights my point.

When personally, I hear the term "own kind" I think of people. When I hear the word dog, I think of dog. When I hear the work cat, I think of cat.

I don't automatically attach a color to a dog, cat or another human being.

Maybe its just me.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal
    The question is why are we kept here. Why does nothing progress?

Poverty and ignorance are profitable.

The same question was asked about the war on drug and "why does nothing progress?"

The answer, the American economy is heavily reliant on the many branches of the narco business.

I'll start with one: abolish public sector unions that protect police and teachers from the abuse their members inflict on the public they are meant to serve. Oh, suddenly it goes quiet and the appetite for change will vanish and we'll be back hearing about "systemic racism". Intentional vagueness to avoid real change.
    Hint for anyone who doesn't get it yet: if you are a politician who's political office and not inconsiderable wealth is built on a combination of angry-black votes and union contributions, you don't want that shit fixed!

You are correct that there is no real desire for change from the top. Not everyone at the bottom of the pile wants change. That said, we cannot use that to dismiss the arguments of those who want real change because they have been victim of a broken system. The danger lies in painting everyone with a broad brush.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well.

Booker T. Washington.

Speech made in 1911

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

There are people of every race who want to keep the status quo. The question is how do we change that? It goes much further than abolishing unions. How do you change culture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit