LANDMARK DECISION - Vicki Boer vs Watchtower Society

by Uzzah 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Congrats Vicki, you are a true pioneer!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The other thing that impresses me about this is that Vicki and her hubby did most of the legal research and almost all of of the legwork on this, not some crack legal team. (tho some, i.e. Hawkaw, behind the scenes gave some support to them)

While her lawyer signed the briefs and presented the case, Vicki was whispering in his ear the entire time in order to get him to bring out the points necessary.

During the trial, it was also a gathering of some of the more well known 'apostates. Jim Penton, Barbara Anderson, Mouthy, Had Enough, Frank Toth, Hawkaw, Expatbrit. The Canadian JW legal guys haven't seen such a coordinated effort before. Vicki you made Ken Little and Glen How crap themselves a couple of times in court. That in and of itself is a huge accomplishment!!

Vicki, this victory is yours. Well done.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's great that she got that level of support. The Court and people in general need to know the other side of the jw coin.

• Scully
    Scully

Uzzah writes (and it bears repeating):

Vicki you made Ken Little and Glen How crap themselves a couple of times in court. That in and of itself is a huge accomplishment!!

Darn!! and I missed it!!! Let's hope we can make that kind of thing happen more frequently!

Love, Scully

• Water
    Water

Congratulations Vicki!

Water

• Jourles
    Jourles

All that is needed for a major change in doctrine(shunning, blood, etc.) is a major country which is aligned closely with the USA, namely Canada, to start shoving these cases down the WTS's throat. Because once that starts happening, the "unity of the brotherhood" also needs to stay the same across countries. Example -- A change in allowing blood transfusions in a minor country such a Bulgaria did not get noticed here in the USA. I realize that the wording of the Bulgarian document lets the WTS use automatic DA'ing instead of DF'ing. But, if a large country such as Canada was to force the WTS to allow blood transfusions without enforcing EITHER da'ing or df'ing, then the USA would have to follow. There is no way in hell that the WTS could have two separate policies in place. Everyone would know about it. There would be no "unity," hence they would have to change. And as long as the USA changed, the rest of the world would change also.

It feels like that time is getting close.

After reading that Vicki did most of the legwork in preparing for this case, WOW, Super Job!

• metatron
    metatron

I hope you're right, Jourles

But I wouldn't put anything past them. They could be completely hypocritical about it and df people in the US while

ignoring the same infractions in Canada.

However, WHAT INTERESTS ME is seeing the evolution of case law that tends to hold the Watchtower accountable

for ADULTS who have suffered injury because of their deceit and the duress they use to enforce arbitrary teachings.

Their maintenance of the blood transfusion fraud could be deeply affected by rulings like this.

Lurkers! Think about the future! Back away from the blood issue as quickly as possible! It can be done quietly

as I suggested - by emphasizing VOLUNTARY obedience and discreetly removing a sentence or two in the

"Pay Attention" book.

metatron

• Jourles
    Jourles
    But I wouldn't put anything past them. They could be completely hypocritical about it and df people in the US while ignoring the same infractions in Canada.

That is what I was talking about. It would be almost impossible for the WTS to keep two separate policies such as in the case of the USA and Canada because they are so close and large. Let's face it, the Bulgaria situation would have been an unknown if it were not for the internet and ex-jw's keeping a lookout. If a true-blue witness would have found that information on his own, he would most likely have kept it to himself or discarded it as no big deal. The same could have gone for the UN fiasco. My own mother thought that apostates planted the WT's information on the UN's website. To this day she refuses to believe that they joined the UN as an NGO.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Hello,

Vicki here from Fredericton,

We are very happy about the victory. Believe me press articles are coming..........today in fact I had 4 reports call to do stories. I will definitly post them as they come. Hawk......where are you when I need you?! The only thing finiancially that my husband and I are concerned with is the 100,000 legal debt. Not sure if it will put us into bankruptcy if we end up paying. My lawyer still hasnt gotten back to us to let us know if the other side pays. Keep the posts coming, they keep me uplifted. I will try to get the verdict, I still do not have it, and have not seen it yet.

vicki

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I can't presume to speak for Hawkaw, but the one long weekend he decides to go away with his family and a decision like this gets handed down. He was pretty pissed when he found out it might happen while he was incommunicoto.

Fortunately he left a number of his contacts with Scully and others who could get the word out about the case.

I am no Hawkaw but I too am at your disposal as needed.

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit