LANDMARK DECISION - Vicki Boer vs Watchtower Society

by Uzzah 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Congratulations Vicki!!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Great new Vicki! We are very proud of you and the many scarifices that you have made.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congratualtions Vicki

While the settlement is not large we have to remember Canada is not known for huge court settlements.

But few people do this for money. They do it for justice. And justice you got Vicki. They were wrong and the court believed you, validated you and gave you justice

No court, no settlement, no amount of money will undo the damage but...

• to have our say
    • to be believed
    • to get support and
    • to get justice

goes a long way to healing the wounds of child abuse

• acsot
    acsot

WAY TO GO VICKI!!!

Thanks to your courage the WTS has had a well-deserved slap across its arrogant face. I bet this won't be mentioned at the district convention taking place this weekend!

CONGRATULATIONS - this was for all abuse victims, your name will be synonymous with rights of victims in the Canadian legal system.

Does anyone have the court docket #?

• rocketman
    rocketman

That's good news, and despite the small amount, the fact that the judge said that the rights of individuals need to be protected over the rights of a religion is very noteworthy!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Absolutely awesome!!! Vinally validation. Let's just hope that the US and European courts follow suit. It's about time the court systems begin to see through the Watchtower Society's bullshit!

Congratulations and big hug to Vicki.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    she was by no means capable of free will to decide not to attend due to the relationship and power held over her by the church.

This statement blows me away. The possibilities of applying this part of the ruling are endless IMO.

If a child were being forced by it's parents to refuse a transfussio, the argument pressented and thereby referred to as a an opinion from Bower VS. The WTBTS could state that the parents are not acting upon their own free will in making a decision of their own free will. ( I think )

Could it possibly open up options for "Concerned Father"? who is suing the society now? "The freedoms are not absoulte and damage supercedes the rights of religion". God I want to read this entire decision.

Cassi, of the thinking out loud class tonight and in stunned amazement.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Like everyone else I am stunned at this brilliant news.

Courts tend to follow previous rulings so this is a victory indeed - the WBTS must be shaking in its boots at the thought of what's to come.

Well done Vicki, abuse victims everywhere are in debt to you.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Absolutely wonderful news, Vicki! We all know how tremendously difficult the entire trial scenario must have been for you - but you had the guts to dig your heels in and stand your ground. We salute your courage! You have helped more people - and not just abuse victims - than you will ever realise.

Bless you, Vicki.

Love,

Dansk and Family

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit