New light?

by dmouse 27 Replies latest social humour

• dmouse
    dmouse

Is this new light? According to the new Society book 'Learn From The Great Teacher' it looks as if Pocahontas will be resurrected!

• blondie
    blondie

Since animals are not supposed to be killed in the "new system," I wonder where her clothes came from. Since I have been taught that everyone is going to be resurrected au naturel, why provided native costumes. She could never wear that to the KH and get away with it.

I see a guy in cowboy clothes. The women all have dresses on. The little boy is swimming but the little girl is in a skirt(!). Doesn't look like paradise to me.

A black sister from the US wore native African costumes weekly to the KH and was counseled that it was not "appropriate."

Blondie

• Francois
    Francois

Looks like Pocohantas only has three fingers on her left hand. Wonder what that symbolizes?

• blondie
    blondie

Very good, Francois. Based on the art style, I think the old artists have left or retired and the new ones aren't very good at math.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's obvious that someone in the art department believes in the trinity. Take a closer look at old christian art and you will notice that people tend to arrange their fingers in groups of three.

Here is an example.

· The baby's left hand has the two middle fingers together and the two outer fingers extended... this makes three finger groupings

· The woman's right hand only has three fingers visible

· The woman's left hand has the pinky and thumb extended away from the rest of the fingers... this makes three finger groupings.

Next time you are at a museum, pay attention the paintings and statues of the middle ages and you will notice patterns of "three" all over them.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I have studied art for years Elsewhere and it's amazing how many seemingly countless things you can spot such as this 3 finger configuration.

monk3y

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Looks like Pocohantas only has three fingers on her left hand. Wonder what that symbolizes?

The "ring finger" is missing. In Jehovah's new world, resurrected ones will not wear wedding rings because they won't be able to marry anyhow, but are as angels in heaven! So they are resurrected without ring fingers to eliminate any temptation to get married!

A black sister from the US wore native African costumes weekly to the KH and was counseled that it was not "appropriate."

OH my goodness. What an uptight bunch of elders. Take this "appropriate" and shove it, you stupid elder who said that! (The Kingdom Hall = a no enjoyment zone, no originality, no personality)

• blondie
    blondie

Gopher, she pointed out that brothers and sisters wore costumes to the assemblies.

The elders told her these people were from those countries and were only wearing them for a special occasion, like a wedding dress or a tuxedo, but they would not wear them at the weekly meetings.

Then,

A sister moved in from Africa and wore her "costumes" every meeting. The elders found out that this was considered everyday dress and was nothing special.

So,

The other sister started wearing hers.

Too many elders lack a world view and think their personal opinion equals the word of God. The elders thought the first sister was making a political statement about her blackness. One guess, all the elders were white.

Blondie

All the women/girls have dresses on. My husband saw this picture and said, "Women will have not time for swimming or such fun. They will be cooking, cleaning, planting the garden, as all proper women should."

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Too many elders lack a world view and think their personal opinion equals the word of God.

Exactly my point. Sigh, none are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

• observador
    observador

DMouse, you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit