Witnesses - Ever Wondered Why You're So Tired After Assemblies/Meetings?

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree! Do you want to know what next year will bring for Dubs?? Just open up the WT CD-Library, choose the KM section, start at the beginning and scroll through from the beginning. Go as fast as you can while reading the titles. You soon see a pattern emerge.

No matter what decade you're going through, it's the same shit!

DD

• tiki
    tiki
    If you have a functioning brain it is hard to endure moronicalness and repetitive bs.
  • hoser
    hoser

The amazing part is how fast people forget what is "taught" at the assemblies.

I love it when snooty pioneers and elders say how encouraging the assembly that we just attended was and then I ask them what points stood out as being important.

When all they give is well um we learned about Jehovah, Jesus etc I tell them they should have payed better attention to the program. Yes, I'm becoming more of an asshole to these kinds of people every day.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

When I registered this complaint with my mother years ago her reply was, "Well, there's nothing new under the sun. Jehovah's truth always remains the same."

!!!!!!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hoser, making hypocritical "spiritual" posers feel uncomfortable is not being an asshole, it is the duty of all who know TTATT !

Looking back at the way I felt after Meetings/Assemblies I reckon they put me into a form of depression, only relieved when I eventually got to the Pub amongst normal people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = tedious boredom

Don't know if they still have full day assemblies starting at 9 in the morning to 9 at night with lunch and diner breaks ?.

The old International Assemblies used to be 7 or 8 days long in the middle of summer in a hot open stadium ,

try doing that .

• Saintbertholdt
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Finkelstein

The old full-day assemblies must have been done away with some time ago. When I was in (up to 2007), assemblies were from roughly 9.30am to 4.30pm. They were tiresome enough

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Yet after the assembly that was so exhausting, as soon as I changed clothes and got a breath of fresh air, I was recharged and ready to go. An almost miraculous transformation as I now had plenty of energy to go out and eat, go shopping, go dancing, anything else!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I'm aware .

You don't know what tedious boredom was like when you had to sit on bench seats

in a stadium with a poor sounding PA system listening to the same old rhetoric you heard over and over again.

When your a young child this goes down almost as child abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit