Witnesses - Ever Wondered Why You're So Tired After Assemblies/Meetings?

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A J.W. recently shared this with me.

They compared the tiredness they felt after attending an assembly and meetings, and noted how much worse it was than actually working and studying hard for hours for their secular employment! Why were they so exhausted after an assembly/meeting? No, it wasn't Satan. The realization was that new ideas & thinking stimulates the brain, forming new synaptic connections, and the brain is excited by this event, energetically storing it for future use.

However, every assembly/meeting delivers the same information over and over and over again, recycled, but still the same stuff - "You are 'other sheep', not one of Christs brothers; you're not in the New Covenant - only the 'anointed' are; you're not one of gods people - just associated with them as one of the 'other sheep'; each Tuesday/Thursday night, learn more about the ministry and do more, give more, but you're not worthy, being part of 'other sheep' class - you'll become worthy in 1000 years time!"

Each assembly has the same format, "be obedient; Elders be obedient; everyone else be obedient to elders; children obey parents, do more ministry, get baptized, the end is soon; be obedient." Speakers are now programmed [instructed] not to deviate from the Org's scripts, so no such thing as an exciting, inspiring, public speaker - just automatons.

No wonder people are mentally & physically drained after such numbing discourses.

(Galatians 2:6) "But regarding those who seemed to be important .......those highly regarded men imparted nothing new to me.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Sitting for 7 hours in an 8.5 hour span is tough. Plus there is not full leg room typically.

Sitting at your office job or watching TV is different. Riding in a car or a plane for the same time would also have a similar effect.

Add to this the mental part you speak of, which I agree with, and that is a recipe to feel completely drained.

One more thing, I'm going to an assembly today. LOL

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Drudgery begets drudgery.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Funny. After all this time I was under the impression my exhaustion was due to listening to hours of boring bullshit.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Have you ever walked around a big city like new York with someone who walks so so slow... when you are done you will be more exhausted from the act of trying to slow yourself down and move at their pace than if you were just walking normal.

I think our brains are the same. Step into a meeting you have to put your mind on slow MO and it's not easy in an age where we are used to learning fast and constantly learning and growing. Ain't shit growing in a kingdom hall

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

You guys never had to endure Frederick Franz reading a Spanish outline at less than half the normal speech rate for well over 1 hour and then coming back at the end of the DC to give his final 'snore-fest' closing talk just before the "We Thank You Jay Hoover" song that woke everyone up at the end...

I did !!!

I should get a medal...

• prologos
    prologos

while the stuff is boring, the speakers are often hyped up, having their fifteen minutes of glory, all excited for the "privilege" of being lifted above the rest. being exposed to that adrenalin rush is draining on the audience.

Excitedly boring = feel beaten and tired.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I got tired just reading the OP
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i can still vaguely remember the last ever big arsembly i ever went to--wembley ( old ) stadium--London UK--about 69 ?

i vowed i would never go to another--so far ive kept my promise.

its right there near the top of my lifetimes worst events.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I feel sorry for the people with small kids, trying to get them to sit still and be quiet for seven hours must be exhausting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit