COBE Arrested For Child Abuse

by freemindfade 43 Replies latest members private

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I was thinking about how those in the congregation are dealing with this. And why the victims are not mentioned at all. Even anonymously. No one feels sorry for them. Just mad. Here is what I think.

All their frustration and anger is focused in on the pedophile. In the cult there is this mentality that the individual is the cult and the cult is the individual. When this happens it's causes a rift in people where they feel embarrassed guilty and defensive. Their reaction is so odd. All efforts turn towards a reinforcement through words how jehovah is real, he's right, and it's all getting fixed now. But that shame is so personal to them as an individual because the cult is so totalitarian it's as if they were involved.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

freemindfade - "...the victims are not mentioned at all. Even anonymously. No one feels sorry for them."

'Course not.

The victims had the audacity and disloyalty to go to "Satan's World" for justice, thusly making "God's Earthly Organization" look bad.

How dare they?

freemindfade - "...that shame is so personal to them as an individual because the cult is so totalitarian it's as if they were involved."

I think you might be on to something, there.

There's also the fact that despite whatever anecdotal evidence an individual JW loyalist may have heard, there's still an overwhelming need to deny that something so horrible could become so entrenched in "God's Earthly Organization"...

...and it manifests itself as resentment at a) being essentially forced to acknowledge it when it happens, and b) being made to feel the shame and embarrassment at being so closely associated with it (rather than pride at being a part of a "morally superior" group).

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    This noncompliance with mandatory reporting is a huge issue itself that needs explored. I started a separate thread to address that.
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Question:

What was the nature of abuse? Sexual or beating/physical?

Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sexual.
  • Splash
    Splash

How many people has this guy df'd for one reason or another?

They should all get instant reinstatement since Gods spirit could not have guided him in his decisions.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I dunno. But he was a puritan. Never touched a drop of alcohol. Anyone who ever says that and doesn't have a good reason (ie alcoholism) run!

I remember sincerely asking him why I wasn't being used out in service. And him telling me because I didn't get at least the national average they wouldn't use me. It's a religion of what kind of show you out on.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    If you happen to know the Penal Code number he's being charged with you can kinda get an idea of what type of abuse he is being held for.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    288.5. (a) Any person who either resides in the same home with the minor child or has recurring access to the child, who over a period of time, not less than three months in duration, engages in three or more acts of substantial sexual conduct with a child under the age of 14 years at the time of the commission of the offense, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 1203.066, or three or more acts of lewd or lascivious conduct, as defined in Section 288, with a child under the age of 14 years at the time of the commission of the offense is guilty of the offense of continuous sexual abuse of a child and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 6, 12, or 16 years. (b) To convict under this section the trier of fact, if a jury, need unanimously agree only that the requisite number of acts occurred not on which acts constitute the requisite number. (c) No other act of substantial sexual conduct, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 1203.066, with a child under 14 years of age at the time of the commission of the offenses, or lewd and lascivious acts, as defined in Section 288, involving the same victim may be charged in the same proceeding with a charge under this section unless the other charged offense occurred outside the time period charged under this section or the other offense is charged in the alternative. A defendant may be charged with only one count under this section unless more than one victim is involved in which case a separate count may be charged for each victim.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

FMF: It's a religion of what kind of show you out on.

Yes it is.

It's all about appearances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit