COBE Arrested For Child Abuse

by freemindfade 43 Replies latest members private

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FMF: still I am met with a hostile attitude as if I was.

It never ceases to amaze me how the average R&F Witness cannot see how wrong this is!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    To acknowledge the victim, or discuss it makes it real. And they refuse to even mention it. Ignore it and hope it goes away and everyone forgets.
  • stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    This is the same guy who gave the 2008 District Convention talk. "Guided by God's Spirit to fight temptation" at the Cow Palace.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

sounds right

ahhhhhh the cow palace, how I do not miss that place lol. Its cool in a nostalgic kind of way.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SIAM: This is the same guy who gave the 2008 District Convention talk. "Guided by God's Spirit to fight temptation" at the Cow Palace.

I guess he wasn't letting "Holy Spirit" guide his fight!

• baltar447
    baltar447
    Sick that the only thing they care about is their reputation and have zero feelings for the victims.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

How could we get a law about making it mandatory for churches/religions to denounce their accused child molesters and spouse abusers to the local authorities?

As mentioned there are a lot of States that have laws on the books.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/manda.pdf

But there are variations and the Society does not mandate the crime be reported. As we learned in the Australian Royal Commission.

It seems to me that if the Society can mandate against Blood Transfusions, interface with hospitals and punish any JW that accepts a BT they are totally out of step with Child abuse. While Jesus never mentioned a blood issue he definitely mentioned the importance of children.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I don't know the situation but I can see why people who might be aware of it don't want to discuss it to someone else. It is public knowledge due to the arrest, but the accused needs to have his day in court before everyone automatically determines he's guilty. Maybe the "pray for us" included the victim if they were a member of the congregation. I guess people text anything, but calling him you might have ascertained his feelings better or he might have seen your intent better. Such a sad thing, no one should be gloating over this and I am sure none of the "apostates" are.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    There was zero gloating. It was a very sad thing for me as well, when I heard my hands were shaking. And I didn't come across to anyone as being happy or I told you so. I let them know that I respected their privacy, and if they needed someone to talk to I was available.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

They never care about the victims, the first response is to keep it as quite as possible.

I sure hope the victims are getting some perfessional help knowing how completely devastating this truly is:(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit