A few in military refuse to fight 'wrong war'

by Trauma_Hound 128 Replies latest members politics

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    Anyone who joins the military with the thought that they can pick and choose the battle they will attend needs an exam. Of their intelligence.

If they decide that they cannot be a part of a war they should be immediately discharged, forced to repay anything they received....be it food, housing, training or a monthly stipend. They should not benefit in anyway from their time in. If they got an education or training, make them pay the going rate, in an open market, for that type of training. Same goes for housing and food.

You join the military for various reasons....wimping out when a military action becomes reality is just cowardly.

Get rid of them...they could do more harm to the soldiers who have honor and are brave.

Absolutely. You cannot reap the benefit of a system that you willingly entered into service with.

think people who sign up and are willing to get paid should go where they are sent.

However ... (you knew there'd be an 'however' didn't you?)

... they have the right and the duty to refuse to obey any orders that they believe are immoral

I agree. And those giving the orders have the right to unilaterally discharge them, and present them with a bill for every single penny of compensation they received as prior to the breach of their contract.

Voluntarily entering the armed services for the benefits they provide, and then refusing to fulfill the duty you swore to perform due to some sort of 180 degree shift in ideology is absolute cowardice. To laud it or call it anything else is damn close to cheering that grenade throwing lunatic at Camp Pennsylvania.

And before you start spewing forth epithets at me about how if it were ME or MY family, I'd feel differently, take a wild guess where my husband was in '91 and where he is right now.

• dubla
    dubla
    I think people who sign up and are willing to get paid should go where they are sent.

amen.

aa

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy
    You can admire a punk like this all you want. I don't.

• dubla
    dubla
    Too bad civilian casualties are just a part of war

in every war unfortunately....but this fact is far worse in a war like this one, where one of the armies insists on putting civilians on the front lines for two sick reasons, 1) protection, and 2) to increase civilian casualties for the media war. cowardly doesnt begin to describe that.

aa

• Xander
    Xander
    If they decide that they cannot be a part of a war they should be immediately discharged, forced to repay anything they received....be it food, housing, training or a monthly stipend. They should not benefit in anyway from their time in.

Really?

And, what if they DID serve in other theaters? Say, Afghanistan?

Does the fact that they 'pick and choose' what they feel is moral invalidate all their previous service?

• Simon
    Simon

I think it takes guts to stand up and disagree ... much more difficult than just doing as you are told.

• Xander
    Xander
    You can admire a punk like this all you want. I don't.

And, of course, luckylucy/rubytuesday is the very example of an expert on honorable and honest behavior.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

It saddens me that this is being done in MY name. This is not a war for our freedom. The soldiers are not fighting for MY freedom. And too bad the people that died in the 911 attacks were just more casualties of war. Too Bad huh?

http://www.aljazeera.net/mritems/images/2003/3/23/1_145857_1_6.jpg

(warning: graphic pic)

• heathen
    heathen

I think if you volunteer for military service and refuse to follow orders you should be shot . I think the wrong thing they did in america was to make the military look like it is something for people to expect to simply go thru the motions and get money for colledge instead of being the killing machine it is.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I think if you volunteer for military service and refuse to follow orders you should be shot . I think the wrong thing they did in america was to make the military look like it is something for people to expect to simply go thru the motions and get money for colledge instead of being the killing machine it is.

Ah so, by your logic, what Saddam is doing is ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit