A few in military refuse to fight 'wrong war'

by Trauma_Hound 128 Replies latest members politics

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

i think some guys (or girls) think they go to the army to protect their country just to find out later that they were lied to. so i really can't blame them....

i understand where you are coming from....and not to beat this idea into the ground, but its still on them when they make the decision to realize what may or may not be involved at a later date. ten minutes worth of research on operation restore hope would show any potential soldier that joining the military may mean taking part in dangerous operations that have nothing to do with protecting their country.

aa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

UR

""Until BUSH, CHENEY, RUMSFELD, ASHCROFT, WOLFOWITZ, ROWE are removed from authority, the eventual decline of America will continue, ultimately leading to a major military defeat and possibly foreign invasion""

Wow, The way you disregard history never ceases to amaze me! The "decline" really started under the democratic Leader Linden B Johnson in Viet Nam. Nixon brought us Peace with Honor, ending the Left wing’s protracted mishandling of the war. Regan further cleaned up the mess Jimmy Carter caused with his appeasement polices. Bush, and his most talented team to date, is once more cleaning up the weak policies of the Left.......

Realist:

Just giving you another example of what you say you are not doing!

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

i don't get it? what do you mean?

• dubla
    dubla
    The problem is that sometimes people do not want to discuss things, they will not accept when someone makes a valid point or something that is difficult to answer (and frequently just ignore it
  • dubla
    dubla

william-

This war is certainly not going according to plan. Where is all the Iraq citizens cheering on their "Liberators"?

hopefully you now realize they were simply afraid to cheer........

With the regime's feared security forces nowhere to be seen, Iraqis also dared cheer U.S. troops and attack the symbols of Saddam Hussein' rule.

In front of the Oil Ministry, a man clambered up a statue of Saddam, sat on its shoulder and bashed its head with a stone slab. Others beat it with their shoes.

They danced in the streets, waving rifles, palm fronds and flags, and defaced posters of the longtime Iraqi president — acts that would have been unthinkable days or weeks before.

American troops moving through the Iraqi capital — at one point, running an armored column through a main square — drew instant crowds.

One unit was swarmed by cheering Iraqis, with women lifting their babies for the soldiers to kiss. Young men shouted, "Bush No. 1, Bush No. 1."

"Everyone must go one day — even prophets die. We are relieved because for years we lived in anxiety and fear," said Shamoun George, a resident of Baghdad's Karrada district, as two U.S. tasks pulled in.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83655,00.html

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

i am afraid the cheering people are the shiits... that is the fundamentalist religious group that was suppressed by hussein. they will most likely be the first ones that will turn against the US after the euphria is over.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

i am afraid the cheering people are the shiits... that is the fundamentalist religious group that was suppressed by hussein.

maybe so.....but every iraqi was suppressed by hussein...even his "loyal" troops were forced into loyalty out of fear.......i predict quite a bit more cheering once the war is over, and not just from the shiites.....but we shall see.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

i hope you are right....but i am afraid it will turn out like in afghanistan.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

just to clarify, i dont imagine a future iraq where the u.s.a. is touted as a savior in every home. we will still be hated in iraq, as in every muslim country.......but there will be cheering for saddams ousting, as i cant imagine too many iraqis enjoyed living in fear their entire lives.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit