ANNOUNCEMENT CLIP ...2015 Annual meeting Sam Herd confirming what we knew a month ago about slow down and halt of worldwide construction

by Watchtower-Free 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It was carefully worded to so as not to slow down contribution from the loyal Jdub. They have kept the Kingdom hall fund in place to keep the contribution coming in while they sell off more real estate including Kingdom Halls.

They want to squeeze every penny out of loyal dubs till they go under.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Outstanding double speak!

We are NOT in financial difficulty, we are doing all this to HELP you keep up with spiritual food!

And you can still renovate your hall, if you pay for it yourself...even though you signed over ownership to us anyway!

Wow!

Gods blessing has left the building! What did CT Russel say about gods blessing and finances in the very first WT??

• HowieTran
    HowieTran
    Sounds like they're claiming both a reduced need for those special kind of workers (Bethel, special pionees, etc), and reduced funds available (which they may be using as an added excuse for letting people go, to help soften the blow).

He said ones are giving as much as they can (no doubt trying to humor publishers in the field). He then compares it to a family stretching available funds to care for necessary things.

Perhaps, they are hurting financially? But that would mean old debt finally catching up with them, at a rate even a billion dollars in real estate sales couldn't help; maybe so.

Or, more likely in my opinion, they are trying to sure up their future financial viability. Taking advantage of available technology and other progressive steps that reduces manpower needs, and using the excuse of "better utilizing of limited funds" as a means of doing some desired housecleaning.

Will we ever know the real truth? I doubt it.
  • HowieTran
    HowieTran

One thing I'd almost bet the farm on, we won't be seeing them go bankrupt in our lifetime. Not without something very drastic happening. Sad, but I feel true.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Yesterday, I fired my financial advisor for my employees 401K and hired someone new. It was later discovered that the lazy Idiot, with whom I hired in the first place, set the 401k up wrong. Now to move their accounts, they will have to pay a penalty. So today, I called everyone in and gave the bad news. Here's how I handled the situation.

First, I apologized for allowing this to happen in the first place. I took responsibility and said I made a mistake. Secondly, I announced I was covering the cost of everyones penalties out of my own pocket. I didn't blame anyone else or try to pass the buck. I am very proud I did this. I didn't have to, but it is the right thing to do. How do these people sleep at night? They have zero moral direction. In my eyes, they are morally repugnant. "Faithless and Desecrate Slave indeed."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It's not like armageddon is ever coming to rescue WT Corp from their own stupidity.

After the big cash grab from the congregation accounts earlier, donations probably dropped off really quickly. Congregations were supposed to keep sending in perpetual payments to keep paying a mortgage on the local Hall forever. I've been in enough congregations where "donation fatigue" takes hold. The "friends" make big pledges and pay them for a couple of months, but then the reality of their overstretched budget has them reducing to less than their pledge, and it keeps shrinking.

Probably after Lett went on the broadcast to plead for cash, they got plenty of blowback for looking like money-grabbing TV evangelists. It would make the GB and WT Corporation look bad to constantly be begging for cash. So now Herd is trotted out to announce the cuts and say that it's not because of a lack of financial support.

What can publishers think of this? "Oh good, WT isn't short on cash, and they're cutting expenses on the organization level. Now I don't have to feel obligated to keep donating as much as I have been. Why should I keep paying the same money now that I'm getting less magazines and all this cost-cutting? My family needs a vacation! That's where I'll earmark my money instead."

I think when Herd spoke of the growth and expansion in the organization, he was referring to the ever-increasing number of anointed partakers.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Wow to have this all confirmed is really nice about the cuts and i think its both about short term cash flow and thinking about the future.Might the magazine cut back back fire on them,you only have to look in the mags to see they have a 50 million print run so when that kicks in they will be saving millions of $$$$
  • Listener
    Listener
    Billy - What can publishers think of this? "Oh good, WT isn't short on cash, and they're cutting expenses on the organization level. Now I don't have to feel obligated to keep donating as much as I have been. Why should I keep paying the same money now that I'm getting less magazines and all this cost-cutting? My family needs a vacation! That's where I'll earmark my money instead."

I was thinking the same. That is what happens when you're not transparent. You would think that they learnt their lesson the first time when they announced that their loans were forgiven and many took that to mean they didn't need the money.

Then they'll come out again and beg for money. The organization has always been full of mixed messages.

• airborne
    airborne
    I noticed he shakes his head back and forth to disagree when he says a statement he knows is not true. He's purposely lying up on the stage. Happened like four or five times. What a piece of @$&(.
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Was that applause I hear at the end of Herd's talk? He announces cut-backs, lay-offs and "special" invitations for certain middle-aged couples and the people in the audience break out in applause? I thought that was a little odd reaction to negative news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit