ANNOUNCEMENT CLIP ...2015 Annual meeting Sam Herd confirming what we knew a month ago about slow down and halt of worldwide construction

by Watchtower-Free 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Highlighting some of his micro-gestures...

00:56 …Kingdom Halls will continue to be built [At 00:59 notice his expression change!]

01:06 In addition, all branches have been asked to reduce the size of their Bethel family. [What absolute hypocrites! A family does not get reduced during hard times. A family pulls together during hard times. 'Family' is just a word they use to sound friendly and loving when the evidence suggests the opposite is the case.]

01:18 We will continue to support special pioneers and temporary special pioneers in developing lands [again, notice his expression change at 01:26!]

03:16 It must be acknowledged that the kingdom work is expanding at an accelerated pace. [notice his head shake when he says 'pace']

04:00 We desire to give priority to those activities that contribute the most to the spiritual welfare… [04:05 notice his head shake when he says 'spiritual welfare']

04:40 …it will help our brothers keep up with our spiritual provisions [04:44 notice his expression change after saying 'spiritual provisions']

05:34 …your brothers, Governing <pause> Body [very unusual enunciation. And look at his expression immediately after saying 'Body', almost a look of disgust.]

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    It could be an elaborate ruse to "scare" the proletariat into panic and thereby they will give more !
  • cult classic
    cult classic

We have relatives up there that REFUSE to leave. Hopefully, they are forced out while they have a couple of decades of health left to build their lives.

• life is to short
    life is to short

wow cult classic that is so sad and yet I know it happens. When we were at Bethel the cut back on the full time commuters, funny how that upset me but I still did not get it that it's a cult. Well there was this one sister who had moved to New York just to work at Bethel and she did not really work. She was just really strange well of course she got let go but she would not leave. She just kept showing up anyway. They extended her leave time at least twice but she still kept coming.

We left Bethel ourselves about that time and she was still "working" when we left. I always wondered what happened. So unlike what Herd said they are not happy about this I can guarantee it.

LITS

• freddo
    freddo

Luke 14:29 says onlookers would ridicule someone who built a tower without the necessary funds available ...

Am I unkind to ridicule?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Boy, they really got out ahead of this one...

• flipper
    flipper

Amazing spin these nutcases put on this. Herd states, the slowing down of construction and laying off of Bethel members, " isn't due to the lack of you brothers and sisters generous donations " . Then WTF is it ?

Herd's statement in that sentence SHOULD have continued like this, " It isn't due to the lack of you brothers and sisters generous donations ; it's just that we had some bad financial advice from our senior WT financial consultants to put a lot of your money and donations into risky investments and hedge funds - so brothers we as the Governing Body are " imperfect " and are not " inspired " by God - but please be assured that this direction from Jehovah to " cut back " will have good reasons as we move forward in the future regarding Kingdom " interests ". We'll understand this " new light " down the road. Be patient and let us fuck up your financial welfare even more- there are expanding interests of our organization at stake. Be assured of our " warm Christian love ". Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• done4good
    done4good

I would say "unbelievable", but we knew this was coming...Did we not?

d4g

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Classic propaganda. Orwell couldn't have done better.
  • done4good
    done4good

Definitely Orwellian.

Blows my mind sometimes how anyone with working brain cells can still fall for this, but I know better.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit