MAJOR TV SHOW TO DISCUSS JW CHILD ABUSE

by Scully 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Remember people ..... tonight at 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on CBC NEWSWORLD the 5th Estate will repeat last night's show, and will likely, at the end of the show have a re-run of the promo that was scene last night.

I cannot 100 percent guarantee it will be on but if it is on it will be about 10:50 to 10:55 pm Eastern Standard Time.

While watching .... enjoy the chant ".... 1 ... 2... 3 .... 4 ..... no more pedophiles at the door".

hawk

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

ATTENTION, residents of the USA!

If you have DirecTV you can see the Newsworld International broadcasts on DirecTV channel 366 - NWI.

You will be able to see the show on Thursday, January 30 at 10 PM EST, Saturday at 2 PM EST, or Sunday at 10 AM EST.

I have DirecTV and I will be rolling tape!

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • Introspection
    Introspection

Can someone make me a copy? What do you all use over there in Canada, NTSC or PAL? Or maybe someone with DirecTV who will be taping it in the states? Please email if you can, and please post if you know the video standard there..

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I would ask you hold off on doing any promotional campaigns until hearing from Hawkaw. He has been coordinating that end of things. I also know that the CBC is doing their own promotion and we don't want to run crossways to their efforts either. Jsut wait till morning and see what hawk has to say on this.

I like the idea but as mentioned it might run contrary to other campaigns already in place.

Thanks

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Welcome to the Board Uzzah .... and hello undisfellowshipped - you do great work on this db.

As I said in another post the CBC is promoting the show themselves. The CBC has asked that we up hear in Canada only tell our friends and families and use dbs like this to promote the show.

I personally want to tell all my reporter buddies about this but I don't want to step on toes and make people at CBC angry. Thus, I have given Linda all of my reporters names who did stories for us during Vicki's trial as well as other important USA reporters I know for her use. I will also tell you this ... most of those major media sites you posted, I have a personal contact at each .. usually the assignment editor or editor ... and they are very familar with me and what is going on thanks to the Boer case.

According to Linda, the CBC does not want it appear that they are taking sides. Thus, if a press release is issued on the show by say .. Silentlambs Inc. or Friends of Silentlambs of the North or some other group or by me personally ... urging reporters to watch the show, the CBC would feel that they are giving the appearance of taking sides on the issue by allowing others to promote the show.

I also think that CBC has been given a lot of information that no one else has. So no doubt, the 5th Estate would like to keep its material from other reporters until it is presented or for them to present the material in their way to reporters they trust.

It is a delicate balance as I want every person in Canada to be well aware that a paedophile could be knocking on their door. But I personally am abiding by Linda's wishes for the simple fact that I have been at this since with CBC since May 28, 2002 and I don't need to upset the apple cart at the last second.

But I also realize it is a free country and you are now learning what freedom is all about since you have awoken from the grips of the Borg.

As a humble moderator on this board I can easily swipe away your post if I think it could cause a lot of harm. But, that is not my style and instead of me editing or deleting your post, undisfellowshipped, I think it is more important that you have the "freedom" to critically think about the issue, weigh the information I have given you and determine if people from around the world should contact other Canadian press on this or not.

You might also want to keep in mind this too ... a number of people with the help of legal counsel have done a few things up here to get the "right" audience to watch (and I can't thank all of you enough). A lot of work has gone into it. It might be wise, undisfellowshipped, that during your course of critically thinking about this issue ... to ... say ... contact maybe .... Scully .... or another Canadian contact by Email and get a handle on just what is going on up here.

hawk

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thank you for that thoughtful reply, Hawk. If that is what the CBC wants, then I personally think that is the best thing to do. I have NO insider knowledge of the issue or program at all, but I want the maximum number of people to see it, and make up their own minds on the issues, content and evidence. Remember that we outsiders know so little of what happens in the WT. I know some very nice JW people, and I wish that they would watch the show...but I'm sure it will not happen. What it come down to for me, is that the staff of the Fifth Estate and CBC know their business, and know what will be most effective and balanced in the long term

• Scully
    Scully

For those of you who would like to get that *nostalgic* feeling of going door-to-door in sub-freezing weather..... there's always the option of printing up some business cards that say

Do you want CHILD MOLESTERS at your door?
    Watch The Fifth Estate
    Wednesday, January 29, 2003
    9:00pm
    CBC Television

on one side, and www.silentlambs.org on the other side.

At least this time, I won't have to wear a skirt when I do it.

Love, Scully

• SYN
    SYN

*bump*

This is going to kick some serious GB ass!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well I heard from Scully that the Promo re-aired last night on Newsworld at the end of the 5th Estate show repeat.

So again, for all you have missed the promo .... I urge you guys to watch the repeats of The Fifth Estate show at 2:00 pm on Saturday and 10:00 am on Sunday on CBC Newsworld. Now the promo will come on near the end of the show so about ... 2:50 om on Saturday and about 10:50 am on Sunday.

And don't forgot as Natan has told you, those in the USA with DirecTV can also see the promo too!!!!

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit